Linn Owners

Radikal 2 upgrade kit

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My Radikal is just one year old, and still under warranty. why should I trash it?
That’s entirely your own choice. No one is forced to buy a new product and it doesn’t make your current one worse and you always have the option to upgrade in the future. I was in the market for a KRadikal and this came out at the perfect time for me. Rest assured that my Akurate Radikal will be rehired quickly.

’troll

TooManyCatweazles

Vinyl Junkie with a DSM
Wammer
Jan 16, 2019
Northern Germany
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That’s entirely your own choice. No one is forced to buy a new product and it doesn’t make your current one worse and you always have the option to upgrade in the future. I was in the market for a KRadikal and this came out at the perfect time for me. Rest assured that my Akurate Radikal will be rehired quickly.

’troll
I'm not complaining about being forced @Moomintroll but I'm disappointed by Linn's choice to not offer a renew kit - especially with only a few days to go until COP26 on their very home turf. The renew box, that was good for a DSM should be capable to accomodate the Radikal electronics. Adding the parts that are needed (mentioned in @teuchter85's post) should be easy for Linn. And a reasonable price point between the Akurate Radikal 2 and Lingo 4 can possibly be matched as well. This would waste less resources, create additional business opportunities for Linn's dealer network and encourage 'novice' LP 12 owners to take a jump into the rabbit hole.

Thanks for your (unintended?) hint to talk to my dealer about trade in options of the whole box! There might be Linn users out there willing to buy an almost new pre-owned Radikal at a reasonable discount vs a new Radikal 2. At least a more ethiical upgrade path! 

Last edited by a moderator:

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I heard they used yours to build my Radikal 2 🤣

‘troll
In that case, I'll yield to the greater good. Your situation is much more urgent than mine. :D

Overheard at Linn HQ:

Gilad: Is akamatsu's Radikal kit ready to ship?

Employee: Yes sir. Boxed up and ready to go.

Gilad: What about @Moomintroll's Klimax Radikal 2?

Employee: Oh crap!

Wenge1

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 19, 2021
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In that case, I'll yield to the greater good. Your situation is much more urgent than mine. :D

Overheard at Linn HQ:

Gilad: Is akamatsu's Radikal kit ready to ship?

Employee: Yes sir. Boxed up and ready to go.

Gilad: What about @Moomintroll's Klimax Radikal 2?

Employee: Oh crap!
Forget @Moomintroll what about mine .............. 🤪

Wenge1

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 19, 2021
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In the spirit of staying on topic, I must point out that accurate and stable speed is paramount. :D
Very true - But I suspect that there won't be many of us experiencing the speed effect or any other effect that the Radikal 2 can bring directly to our own systems any time in the next day or two or three ............. 🤪

Reactions: akamatsu

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I have Solo 500 so 500 Radikals will give a perfect fit … or am I wrong?
Obviously you are wrong.  You have 8 Klimax Solo 500 so you need 4000 Radikal 2!  :D  

I am ready to take your order for the remaining 3500 whenever you wish. 😉

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles