Piercro

Linner from ages
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Milan
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hi all,
just a curiosity for a no-budget-limit dream system :)

I have read from a post on Facebook from Loud & Clear that the reference demo system at Linn factory is as follow:

* Linn Klimax DSM with Organik DAC architecture.
* Linn 40th Anniversary LP12 with Highland Park whisky plinth, Radikal 2 and Ekstatik cartridge.
* Linn Klimax Organik Exaktbox x2
* Linn Klimax Solo x8
* Linn Klimax (externally Aktiv) 350 loudspeakers

From a technical point of view is it correct to say that would be enough to have NG Klimax DSM hub (without Organik)?
Perhaps they need for alternative scenarios, but my understanding is that each Exaktbox will drive 4 solos (Super Tweeter, Tweeter, Midrange and Upper Bass) + 1 direct connection to Servo controlled lower Bass, so that it is left a connection for each Exaktbox.

Am I correct?
Just for joke ... :cool:

By the way it is ONLY 12.000 GBP saving on 198.640 List price (https://www.cymbiosis.com/download/linn-pricelist/) :)

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer Plus
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If you've got ...flaunt it!..
My system has just reached Nirvana Step One,KDS/3 taking up top spot,poor ADS/3 sulking upstairs in her box!.
I live in Waterfoot - the factory is across a field from me,been on two visits in 30 years.
Planning on another in September where Ian Pirie of Loud n Clear will be in charge.
The main subject of interest will the LP12.
The Klimax is just getting warmed up,so far it's behaved itself and is a pleasure to listen to 😀.

Piercro

Linner from ages
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Milan
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
If you will go in September, You could ask if Linn Klimax DSM with Organik DAC architecture is there to be free to demo an analog system vs Exakt. Otherwise, my guess is that is enough to have Exaktbox...

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer Plus
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've yet to hear Organik in a KDS/M...
Don't have any Exakt gear here either,old school system does me fine...my Sondek is in getting a Karousel /Lingo 4 refit today...a new belt is £50!.

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The Klimax System Hub would indeed be all you need to drive the Exakt 350 system listed above. I'm sure the KDSMO is just there for when they want to use it with other systems or configurations.

• Thanks
Reactions: Piercro

Jail4CEOs2

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've yet to hear Organik in a KDS/M...
Don't have any Exakt gear here either,old school system does me fine...my Sondek is in getting a Karousel /Lingo 4 refit today...a new belt is £50!.
I struggled to find the right adjective for this fact, I settled on disrespectful.

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer Plus
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I struggled to find the right adjective for this fact, I settled on disrespectful.
My dealer threw the new drive belt in for free as I was buying the Lingo 4/Karousel package !😀....he's not a bad soul ...gave me a Collaro turntable mat to try out...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
languyengoc