Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Deco Audio in Aylesbury did some work on my top end cassette deck and they know what they are doing.

Bowers and Wilkins in Brighton used to do this work for Nakamichi etc and not sure if they still do so.

stylesound

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 30, 2009
Kendal, Cumbria ,
AKA
Mike
Approx. 3 years ago I had my Sony Walkman Pro repaired at Wilkinson's Hifi at Nelson Lancashire. Their websire gives contact details which includes tel. no. (01282 612901) and email, wilkinsons@hifi.repair

The downside is, because of his great knowledge, skills and reasonable prices, Andrew is so busy and therefore waiting times can be a little extended.

Seemingly a chip in the Walkman, which was the cause of many failures, was at one time obsolete and therefore unobtainable. Fortunately they are now being made again.

The Walkman Pro WM-D6C is an amazing player and has replaced a Nakamichi Dragon in my system. Not quite as good but nevertheless full featured and superb and it takes up far less space.

Reactions: DomT

stuartypoorty

stuartypoorty
Wammer
Jul 3, 2008
The Debateable Lands
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Try Paul Carrington at paulcarrington.co.uk

Sent mine over to him in Ireland, fast diagnosis, great communication and very swift return - best of all really great value for money.

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Why not share info like others? If there is an alternative source I would also be interested to know more.
Because the gentleman in question is not a dealer, does not do these repairs for a living, and, whilst it is easier to contact him by telephone, I would prefer not to share his direct personal contact details on the open forum.

However, if you insist, he has a website all about Sony Walkmans and it has a contact page...

https://walkmancentral.com/contact

• Thanks
Reactions: DomT

chezi

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Nov 8, 2012
Fun City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
1653658915358.png

I have one of the WM-D3 walkmans. This also is in need of repair , which I might do seeing the prices to buy one on t'bay. 😲 😲
I even still have the stereo microphone and clip.

chz

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's usually belt has perished, either one or two. Easy to DIY. Don't send it to a thief in Romania; I never got mine back.

Reactions: chezi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles