Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Here's another review. This one is from the website of Pearl Audio in Portland, Oregon, USA, and was written by the salesperson there that I've known for years, and who helped me with my Akubarik and NG Klimax purchases. Connor is an intelligent young man, and he delves deeper into the technology than I've read in most other reviews. Enjoy! About a 7 minute read. :)

https://pearlaudiovideo.com/blogs/news/linn-klimax-dsm-organik-arrives

Mark B

Wammer
Feb 23, 2022
North East
www.kudosaudio.com
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Here's another review. This one is from the website of Pearl Audio in Portland, Oregon, USA, and was written by the salesperson there that I've known for years, and who helped me with my Akubarik and NG Klimax purchases. Connor is an intelligent young man, and he delves deeper into the technology than I've read in most other reviews. Enjoy! About a 7 minute read. :)

https://pearlaudiovideo.com/blogs/news/linn-klimax-dsm-organik-arrives
What an excellent review. He needs to get a job with a hifi magazine.

Newton John

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The guy’s writing is fantastic.

The first paragraph perfectly encapsulates why we love high end audio.

“The experience of superb high-fidelity sound is peculiar in that it defies imagination until experienced. One can read innumerable descriptions of the performance of a stereo system or component but really understanding what is so significant is a necessarily empirical exercise. Perhaps this point is best illustrated by the shared experience among most audio enthusiasts of hearing a truly good system for the first time. It's a flashbulb moment. An instant expansion of the conceptual possible: how can this sound so good? How can this be so close to live? How can this be so exciting and eminently enjoyable?”

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great review

If you don’t have 7 minutes to read it, here is the 10 second executive summary:

”Buy new Klimax DSM=Music sounds better”

I always marvel at the words used in audio reviews, to describe improvements in sound quality. This article has a new favourite: “unprecedented microdynamic alacrity”

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I did reach out to the author yesterday. I told him about our experiences with the optical Ethernet, and sent Amazon links. He was unaware of the potential improvement. I'm certainly looking forward to his impressions.

Reactions: HollyJohnsen

Suffolkboy

Wammer
Apr 19, 2020
I did reach out to the author yesterday. I told him about our experiences with the optical Ethernet, and sent Amazon links. He was unaware of the potential improvement. I'm certainly looking forward to his impressions.
I’ve tried optical in my system and not finding the improvements of others. I found the biggest improvement by fixing the IP address of my router and using a switch. Hence anyone in uk wanting all the components, I would accept £40.00 plus p and p.

Last edited:

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If we are curious about optical, isn’t it important to clarify how our internet service arrives at our property - e.g. by fibre optic, or copper cables? And are we using an ISP’s generic modem-router or a custom purchase?

If Ethernet cables and switches matter, then these things must too?

peter@57m

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 4, 2015
Surrey, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If we are curious about optical, isn’t it important to clarify how our internet service arrives at our property - e.g. by fibre optic, or copper cables? And are we using an ISP’s generic modem-router or a custom purchase?

If Ethernet cables and switches matter, then these things must too?
I hope we agree that 1s and 0s don't get changed regardless of what may be in the chain before.

I'm also not sure if what goes before matters if what is being discussed is using an optical (or WiFi) connection would stop any electrical noise from a modem or router or switch reaching the DSM as the last link

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I hope we agree that 1s and 0s don't get changed regardless of what may be in the chain before.

I'm also not sure if what goes before matters if what is being discussed is using an optical (or WiFi) connection would stop any electrical noise from a modem or router or switch reaching the DSM as the last link
I’ll expand a bit further then, as maybe I was too brief. What I’m getting at is if you don’t have ‘noise’ at your router then what follows won’t make a difference. This might explain why some find dramatic differences and others don’t. (It’s similar with mains cables, filters, DC blockers, etc - results may depend on where you begin)

Reactions: entdgc

peter@57m

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 4, 2015
Surrey, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ll expand a bit further then, as maybe I was too brief. What I’m getting at is if you don’t have ‘noise’ at your router then what follows won’t make a difference. This might explain why some find dramatic differences and others don’t. (It’s similar with mains cables, filters, DC blockers, etc - results may depend on where you begin)
Agree differences could be explained by how much noise or not the modem, router or switch injects.

I'm not sure that its the same as mains where there is an electrical connection from your device to the power station unless you are using regenerator or similar

Reactions: Paulssurround

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
That thought had crossed my mind but did want to open that particular can of worms! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Oh, yeah. I can just see it five years from now. Which is the most musical battery pack, audiophile replacement inverters, etc.

I actually already mentioned the idea to Fredrik Lejonklou that since the battery packs are DC why not make components that feed directly off the DC in the battery pack. Then the power supply becomes voltage conversion and regulation. Of course, then there is the other kind of regulation - will the government let you run DC through your house and what kind of hoops will you have to go through. But if somebody uses this idea remember you read it here first!:)

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m sure DNM (Denis Morecroft?) ran a preamp from a rechargeable battery pack, back in the 70s. They may still do for all I know. Early Naim preamps used to run at 24v DC (current models may still do so, I don’t know) and I recall a UK dealer experimenting with running them from a a pair of 12v car batteries in series, again late 70s early 80s.

If Nikola Tesla had been an audiophile…

‘troll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles