RJC Audio, Simon Mears Audio and AudioGrail at The HiFi Show,Scalford

Vinyl Art

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 13, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In the Gunroom you will find; RJC Audio, AudioGrail and Simon Mears Audio.

We are pleased to be able to have the opportunity to demonstrate some of our equipment at Scalford this year, including a debut showing of Simon's new Ucello speakers.

There's nothing like showing off some kit, chewing the fat with fellow enthusiasts and and playing some great tunes to boot, so for your aural delectation and delight we have:

From Simon Mears Audio:

The Ucello Speaker

A debut at the HiFi Wigwam show for Simon's Ucello speakers. A fully horn loaded 3 way speaker at 103 dB efficiency, incorporating; a folded horn bass unit, elliptical solid wood mid horn and circular solid wood horn loaded tweeter. Built entirely by hand from high grade Birch Ply and finished in figured Maple and Pear real wood veneers. A David Wright 300b 9W SET power amp and crossover design.

From AudioGrail

A brace of Garrard 301s, fully restored to Matthew's high standards and one more on static display. One of these will include a Shindo platter and bearing. In support there will be an AN IO and ANS7c SUT, Koetsu Cora Stone, Koetsu SUT and an SME 312s tonearm.

From RJC Audio

A brace of plinths to house the Garrard TTs above and a Lamina rack to support all of the kit. An SME M2-12 J shaped tonearm and SJS p1.5 pre amp and phono stage.

In addition to the above there will also be a Vida phonostage and Tenuto platter mats in use, both from Puresound .

Pop in and say hello, bring some music and enjoy. We will even have a CD spinner on standby in case the odd silver disc makes an appearance.

See you all on the day,

Matthew, Simon and Bob.

PS, There might even be the odd trinket for sale, so pop back here now and then to check.

Purite Audio

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 29, 2007
London, UK
AKA
Keith
In the Gunroom you will find; RJC Audio, AudioGrail and Simon Mears Audio.We are pleased to be able to have the opportunity to demonstrate some of our equipment at Scalford this year, including a debut showing of Simon's new Ucello speakers.

There's nothing like showing off some kit, chewing the fat with fellow enthusiasts and and playing some great tunes to boot, so for your aural delectation and delight we have:

From Simon Mears Audio:

The Ucello Speaker

A debut at the HiFi Wigwam show for Simon's Ucello speakers. A fully horn loaded 3 way speaker at 103 dB efficiency, incorporating; a folded horn bass unit, elliptical solid wood mid horn and circular solid wood horn loaded tweeter. Built entirely by hand from high grade Birch Ply and finished in figured Maple and Pear real wood veneers. A David Wright 300b 9W SET power amp and crossover design.

From AudioGrail

A brace of Garrard 301s, fully restored to Matthew's high standards and one more on static display. One of these will include a Shindo platter and bearing. In support there will be an AN IO and ANS7c SUT, Koetsu Cora Stone, Koetsu SUT and an SME 312s tonearm.

From RJC Audio

A brace of plinths to house the Garrard TTs above and a Lamina rack to support all of the kit. An SME M2-12 J shaped tonearm and SJS p1.5 pre amp and phono stage.

In addition to the above there will also be a Vida phonostage and Tenuto platter mats in use, both from Puresound .

Pop in and say hello, bring some music and enjoy. We will even have a CD spinner on standby in case the odd silver disc makes an appearance.

See you all on the day,

Matthew, Simon and Bob.

PS, There might even be the odd trinket for sale, so pop back here now and then to check.
Sounds great I will certainly pop in, I didn't realise Scalford. allowed trade members?

Keith.

AGrail

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 15, 2009
Devon
Looking like the following arm / carts will be coming along to the show

SME 3012 series 1

SME 312s

Schick 'A' Fit

Koetsu Coral Stone

Shindo SPU

Audio Note IO

minorrevival

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 13, 2012
France
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can't get to Scalford - any chance of more info about the Simon Mears Ucello speaker please? (photos, links, etc.)

Vinyl Art

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 13, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Andrew

It will probably have to wait until after the show, speakers are still being finished and premiered at the Show. I'm sure Simon will be in touch with you soon.

Cheers

bob

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sounds great I will certainly pop in, I didn't realise Scalford. allowed trade members?Keith.
Try and keep up Keith, there has been trade at Scalford for the last two years.

B

BD Audio

Was Keith the only dealer not to be asked? :D

- - - Updated - - -

Ps, looking forward to checking out your room guys! :^

Vinyl Art

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 13, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Will pop a few items up here that will be for sale at Scalford (or before and collected from Scalford).

To start with I have a custom Hush platform in Olive Ash, Rosewood and Oak. Can be set for any weight up to 40Kg.

£375

DSCF0618.jpg by BobC44, on Flickr

Also a pair of hush platforms for monoblocks (Audio Note, Icon Audio etc).Again,any weight up to 40Kg.

£750

DSCF0086.jpg by BobC44, on Flickr

hearingisbelieving

Wammer
Wammer
May 10, 2011
Bendorf, Germany
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Best bring a mop guys! :22:

Best of luck with your display - i have had the pleasure of listening to Bob and Simons handiwork before so I have no doubt you will do well and judging by the pics of the Garrards they will do just fine:^

simonms

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 18, 2010
Brighton
AKA
Simon
Firstly, it's a great honor to be exhibiting along side Bob and Matthew, I hope my contribution to the room comes close to the extraordinary levels of craftsmanship displayed by them both.

Secondly, a little bit about my Uccello Loadspeakers. They are a 3-way fully horn loaded design incorporating a 15" bass driver in a folded horn, an elliptical solid wood mid range horn with a 2" throat (the wood is 3" thick) and a tractrix solid wood tweeter horn.

Every part of the cabinet is hand crafted by myself in my Brighton workshop, the pair you see here are finished in figured maple on the outside areas and figured pear on the inside with solid birds eye maple detailing. The cross over is in 2 parts, woofer to mid range and mid range to tweeter and has attenuation on the mid and treble to suit and is bi-wirable.

I only finished these last week so they are bedding in as I type but initial measurements show about 103dB efficiency so would suit low power valves nicely. I will be offering the first 5 pairs at £7950 in a standard walnut or oak for example but will go up from this point in any exotic veneers that you may request, they take around 2-3 months for me to complete and I already have a waiting list for these.

There dimensions are 950mm H x 775mm W x 480mm D.

Please pop in for a listen at Scalford,

Simon.

DSCN1898 by simon ms, on Flickr

DSCN1917 by simon ms, on Flickr

DSCN1916 by simon ms, on Flickr

DSCN1915 by simon ms, on Flickr

DSCN1917 by simon ms, on Flickr

DSCN1909 by simon ms, on Flickr

DSCN1911 by simon ms, on Flickr

DSCN1906 by simon ms, on Flickr

DSCN1904 by simon ms, on Flickr

DSCN1910 by simon ms, on Flickr

Thanks again,

Si.

Vinyl Art

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 13, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wow, can't wait to get some tunes through them Simon. They look fantastic:love:

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had a preview of these speakers this evening. They look fantastic, anyone who saw the Westminsters last year will know Simon's standard of workmanship I can also report that they sound very good indeed.

Compared with anything else I have heard at this price point they are an absolute steal. They have the immediacy and speed that you only get with horns, are detailed and clean with excellent integration. I stayed much longer than planned as I kept wanting to hear one more tune.

I am sure the room will be standing room only at Scalford.

I have no commercial association with Simon but I was bribed to write this with a superb Curry.

Thank you Sue!

JezR

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 3, 2009
Brighton, UK
AKA
Jez
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I heard these speakers this evening and they are very very communicative, allowing each recording that we played to sound very distinct from each other, I'm sure people visiting the Gun room at Scalford will be pleasantly surprised.

A big thanks to Simon and Sue for a wonderful evening and also some lovely food :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles