Rugby Union Autumn Internationals 2021!

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It looks like November is a bumper month for Rugby Union fans with just about everyone playing everyone else over consecutive weekends starting on Saturday 30th October.

Amazon Prime is needed to see the games live apart from Ireland that is on C4 & RTE. Wales highlights are on SC4.

rugger.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Amormusic

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Mr Mod👍 The pic looks much better the right way up😛

Three sheds

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 30, 2019
Cardiff
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ha ha

The article says that anyone who can find a way to watch Wales versus New Zealand will be in for a treat!

I've abseiled off a few cliffs in my time but never fallen off one 😩

• Haha
Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ha ha

The article says that anyone who can find a way to watch Wales versus New Zealand will be in for a treat!

I've abseiled off a few cliffs in my time but never fallen off one 😩
I watched the game & to be fair the AB's looked very sharp and Wales just did'nt could'nt handle it.enjoyed the game though it's good to get some international games again.

Three sheds

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 30, 2019
Cardiff
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I watched the game & to be fair the AB's looked very sharp and Wales just did'nt could'nt handle it.enjoyed the game though it's good to get some international games again.
Despite being a Welsh rugby supporter I thought the AB's scored some beautiful tries. There's a big debate in Wales as to whether we set ourselves up for a fall being so early in the season and without our English based players (although I still think we would have lost).

The silver lining is that my 1953 Wales v NZ match programme has probably increased in value again - it was the last time we beat them 😳

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Haven't seen one game.  Being only a casual watcher of Rugby Union I was not prepared to get Amazon Prime for the privilege, so contented myself with highlights on YouTube.

On a general point I just don't agree with the number of subs that can be used these days,  and have thought so for a while now For example the Springboks can play two sets of world class front row forwards, one 1st half and one 2nd half. They only need to be fit enough for 40 mins rather than 80.

• Upvote
Reactions: StingRay and MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Haven't seen one game.  Being only a casual watcher of Rugby Union I was not prepared to get Amazon Prime for the privilege, so contented myself with highlights on YouTube.

On a general point I just don't agree with the number of subs that can be used these days,  and have thought so for a while now For example the Springboks can play two sets of world class front row forwards, one 1st half and one 2nd half. They only need to be fit enough for 40 mins rather than 80.
It's the same for everyone so having strenth in depth is vital now. England also changed the front row later on in the 2nd half when the SA front row were fatigued which gave us parity for the last 15 minutes and got us back on the front foot to score a try & win the game at the death.👍

Reactions: DIB

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have watched most of the games in full & the nice thing on Amazon Prime is they offer various ways to catch up on games you have missed like brief highlights or extended highlights and also the whole game in full. I have had AP for a while & the cost is worth it for how much I get delivered alone so the rugby is a bonus.

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's the same for everyone so having strenth in depth is vital now. England also changed the front row later on in the 2nd half when the SA front row were fatigued which gave us parity for the last 15 minutes and got us back on the front foot to score a try & win the game at the death.👍
Blimey. So the second set of SA front row forwards were knackered after only 25 mins or so?

Mind you, having said that, when I briefly played RU as a crappy full back I was goosed after about 5 mins. I don't think the 10 pints the night before helped.

• Haha

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
VERY pleased for Marcus, great pressure kick.

I was at my club watching after a 1st XV win having been "lubricating" since 12, the room was well behind the lads.

Quote of the day from Joe "I really enjoyed that"

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Blimey. So the second set of SA front row forwards were knackered after only 25 mins or so?

Mind you, having said that, when I briefly played RU as a crappy full back I was goosed after about 5 mins. I don't think the 10 pints the night before helped.
SA dominated the scrums for the first 25 minutes of the 2nd half & to do that takes it out of you so our fresh front row did the same in the last 15 minutes.

I played rugby 7s in the Army & it certainly took it out of you thats for sure.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
VERY pleased for Marcus, great pressure kick.

I was at my club watching after a 1st XV win having been "lubricating" since 12, the room was well behind the lads.

Quote of the day from Joe "I really enjoyed that"
I see a great future for Marcus Smith he has a superb rugby brain. Eddie Stewart was just awesome under the high ball and made yards every time he got the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.