• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Russ Andrews Signature cable quality at 1/20 the price!!!!!!!!!

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
4,942
66
93
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Over on E bay, theres a guy called "thudspud"claiming that the iec mains cables he sells are better than RA siggys at an astonishing fraction of the price, as it says above, around £13 for half metre Id be interested if anybody here has heard/got them, and if that statement is true.

 

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
12,907
147
123
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just buy some KK Stratos or Mercurys and be done with it.

Remember - money-back guarantee
wink.png


 

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
11,304
3,837
208
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
it's the old adage: if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I'm surprised he hasn't claimed it as 'the world's best mains cable.'

 

jon

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
1,639
49
78
, ,
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Doesn't the seller just say it sounds as good as the Russ Andrews cables - quite possibly true in at least some test conditions...I mean the test wigwam did could be read as showing that a kettle chord sounds as good as a £100 mains cable
tongue.png


 

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
4,942
66
93
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Mind you, i couldnt detect any difference when i recently borrowed some higher priced cables than my RA Classik, so maybe neither could he between his own and the RA Signature!
biggrin.png


 

Jezzer

Passionate
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
9,690
968
193
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
icehockeyboy wrote:

Over on E bay, theres a guy called "thudspud"claiming that the iec mains cables he sells are better than RA siggys at an astonishing fraction of the price, as it says above, around £13 for half metre Id be interested if anybody here has heard/got them, and if that statement is true.
I use this cable with my cd player. Replaced RA Classic.

Fantastic. Bargain of alifetime

 

Jezzer

Passionate
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
9,690
968
193
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
icehockeyboy wrote:

Are u kidding Jezzer?
Serious mate! Presents all the detail without forcing it 'in your face'. It's like a veil has been lifted. A very good cable for not very much money.

 

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
4,942
66
93
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fook me, im astonished, i have a Classik, and at the sort of price thud spud is selling his for, its worth a punt to see how much of a difference there is......although i still have a suspicious feeling youre just taking the piss!
tongue.png
,

Ive also noticed theres a £1.50 difference on the half metre cable, and one is black, the other silver, any idea why this is so? after al i wouldnt have thought thirty bob would make a difference........

 

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
11,690
4
0
, ,
turnitup! wrote:

it's the old adage: if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I'm surprised he hasn't claimed it as 'the world's best mains cable.'
i have one its not bad

i think he use to sell via shops

could easily sell for twice the dosh

if i can find mine will post it to forum members to try

must be best value lead going

look at feed back he has

 

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
4,942
66
93
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Davewhityetagain wrote:

turnitup! wrote:
it's the old adage: if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I'm surprised he hasn't claimed it as 'the world's best mains cable.'
i have one its not bad

i think he use to sell via shops

could easily sell for twice the dosh

if i can find mine will post it to forum members to try

must be best value lead going

look at feed back he has
Dave, whilst youre saying it could sell for twice the dosh, hitting pre sale time cost of RA Yello, hes claiming its as good as one costing 20 times hitting price of RA Sig, i agree though, it sounds stunning value which ever price RA cable it competes with.

 

Jezzer

Passionate
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
9,690
968
193
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Soundstage is increased, bass has more physicality - depth and slam is more palpable. Treble hovers languidly in the air beforedecaying naturally. Vocals are projected with greater diction. Fricatives arepresentedrealistically. Sibilance disappears.

 

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
6,491
8
0
Cambs, , United King
I had an RA Sig and it precisesly diddly squat - so I wouldn't say it is a cable to aspire to....
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif


got a Coherent cable and it seemed to make a big difference (especially in comparison to the RA!!!). Unfortunately its sitting unused atm because Ichanged to an amp with a captive mains cable and my cdp uses a fig-of-8input:(

 

Jezzer

Passionate
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
9,690
968
193
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Biscuit wrote:

got a Coherent cable and it seemed to make a big difference (especially in comparison to the RA!!!). Unfortunately its sitting unused atm because Ichanged to an amp with a captive mains cable and my cdp uses a fig-of-8input:(
You can always modify your cdp and amp to take advantage of after-maket leads.

 

legzr1

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 21, 2005
1,295
181
93
Durham
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Biscuit wrote:

...and my cdp uses a fig-of-8input:(
Quote from his sales blurb...

"Finally, I can make these cables with Figure 8 connectors at the end, Normally found on lower powered equipment such as tuners or freeview boxes etc. No extra charge for this, just state your requirements with your payment."

 

Dynamo

Wammer
New Wammer
Jun 17, 2006
21
0
0
, ,
They are nothing more than cheap 3 core SYrobotics cable that anyfoolcan screw together.How that is classed as a "reference" power cord is beyond me

 

Forum statistics

Threads
108,131
Messages
2,289,560
Members
69,170
Latest member
egs