Russ Andrews Signature cable quality at 1/20 the price!!!!!!!!!

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Over on E bay, theres a guy called "thudspud"claiming that the iec mains cables he sells are better than RA siggys at an astonishing fraction of the price, as it says above, around £13 for half metre Id be interested if anybody here has heard/got them, and if that statement is true.

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just buy some KK Stratos or Mercurys and be done with it.

Remember - money-back guarantee
wink.png

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
it's the old adage: if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I'm surprised he hasn't claimed it as 'the world's best mains cable.'

jon

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
, ,
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Doesn't the seller just say it sounds as good as the Russ Andrews cables - quite possibly true in at least some test conditions...I mean the test wigwam did could be read as showing that a kettle chord sounds as good as a £100 mains cable
tongue.png

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Mind you, i couldnt detect any difference when i recently borrowed some higher priced cables than my RA Classik, so maybe neither could he between his own and the RA Signature!
biggrin.png

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
icehockeyboy wrote:

Over on E bay, theres a guy called "thudspud"claiming that the iec mains cables he sells are better than RA siggys at an astonishing fraction of the price, as it says above, around £13 for half metre Id be interested if anybody here has heard/got them, and if that statement is true.
I use this cable with my cd player. Replaced RA Classic.

Fantastic. Bargain of alifetime

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
icehockeyboy wrote:

Are u kidding Jezzer?
Serious mate! Presents all the detail without forcing it 'in your face'. It's like a veil has been lifted. A very good cable for not very much money.

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fook me, im astonished, i have a Classik, and at the sort of price thud spud is selling his for, its worth a punt to see how much of a difference there is......although i still have a suspicious feeling youre just taking the piss!
tongue.png

Ive also noticed theres a £1.50 difference on the half metre cable, and one is black, the other silver, any idea why this is so? after al i wouldnt have thought thirty bob would make a difference........

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
turnitup! wrote:

it's the old adage: if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I'm surprised he hasn't claimed it as 'the world's best mains cable.'
i have one its not bad

i think he use to sell via shops

could easily sell for twice the dosh

if i can find mine will post it to forum members to try

must be best value lead going

look at feed back he has

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Davewhityetagain wrote:

turnitup! wrote:
i have one its not bad

i think he use to sell via shops

could easily sell for twice the dosh

if i can find mine will post it to forum members to try

must be best value lead going

look at feed back he has
Dave, whilst youre saying it could sell for twice the dosh, hitting pre sale time cost of RA Yello, hes claiming its as good as one costing 20 times hitting price of RA Sig, i agree though, it sounds stunning value which ever price RA cable it competes with.

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Soundstage is increased, bass has more physicality - depth and slam is more palpable. Treble hovers languidly in the air beforedecaying naturally. Vocals are projected with greater diction. Fricatives arepresentedrealistically. Sibilance disappears.

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
I had an RA Sig and it precisesly diddly squat - so I wouldn't say it is a cable to aspire to....
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif

got a Coherent cable and it seemed to make a big difference (especially in comparison to the RA!!!). Unfortunately its sitting unused atm because Ichanged to an amp with a captive mains cable and my cdp uses a fig-of-8input:(

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Biscuit wrote:

got a Coherent cable and it seemed to make a big difference (especially in comparison to the RA!!!). Unfortunately its sitting unused atm because Ichanged to an amp with a captive mains cable and my cdp uses a fig-of-8input:(
You can always modify your cdp and amp to take advantage of after-maket leads.

legzr1

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 21, 2005
Durham
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Biscuit wrote:

...and my cdp uses a fig-of-8input:(
Quote from his sales blurb...

"Finally, I can make these cables with Figure 8 connectors at the end, Normally found on lower powered equipment such as tuners or freeview boxes etc. No extra charge for this, just state your requirements with your payment."

Dynamo

Wammer
New Wammer
Jun 17, 2006
, ,
They are nothing more than cheap 3 core SYrobotics cable that anyfoolcan screw together.How that is classed as a "reference" power cord is beyond me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles