S&B TX102 transformers Group Buy

Tenson

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2006
Hi people,

I just registered here to let you know I am trying to organise a group buy for these S&B TX-102 transformers. If I can get enough buyers the price can be £94 + VAT each + P&P.

The normal price for these is £150 + VAT.

I can also do you a good price on the phono step-up transformers which are also £94 + VAT + P&P.

Please add your name if you are interested in a pair.

I am new here but normally post on ZeroGain. There is a thread there about this as well. The buy will go ahead in a few days so please act now!

jonjin

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 22, 2005
London
If i knew how to build a pre-amp I would definitely get one of these
tongue.png

JJ

Tenson

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2006
It is easy. The transformers have one input and many outputs. These outputs are each a different volume. All you need to do is add a selector switch to the input for source selection and another switch to select which output goes to you power amps. Elma make good switches.

The Django passive pre-amp is a DIY one and comes with a manual. I'm sure if you asked nicely Brian of www.diyhifisupply.com would let you have a copy to show you how to wire it all up.

Tenson

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2006
Closing date is Monday. I think I have 20 orders now.

Please can everyone who is definitely going to have a pair email me at simon @ kentuk .net

jonjin

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 22, 2005
London
Ah... just read the zerogain thread and now having a headache
f_doh.gif.2bfa1ec008d0c8800eee305d3a30be23.gif
Don't think I've got the nuts and bolts to try this out... plus for me, I need a valve in everything...
tease.gif.a6e550ff9c07be38d7cbd4260be35dc9.gif

JJ

Tenson

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2006
I did, I sold it to Nick - Brizonbiovizier I'm sure we can get you a copy. If not, there are always people to help.

brizonbiovizier

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 4, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Its fantastic! And thats without the S&B tx - its just equiped with standard amorphous cores currently - hance I have ordered a pair of S&B TXs with tenson to upgrade.

Tenson

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2006
Which thread did you read? I don't see how the S&B thread in the DIY section can give you a headache?

Ant, thats great
smile.png
please send me an email. If I don't have an email I won't order any!

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
Will do. do you know if they do any matching or what the tolerances are. For some reason the fag packet I just drew my design on calls for two transformers. I'll only do it if they are gonna be close enough to each other.

I might not do it anyway for other reason s
smile.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles