Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One of the more popular threads on the Linn Forum was this topic, so here we go again.

I have a Linn Exakt Surround  system with a pair of Katalyst Akubariks in the front, along with an Akurate 225 centre channel driven by a Katalyst Akurate Exaktbox 6 and Akurate 4200.

The surround speakers are a pair of Akurate 212's driven by a Majik Exaktbox I (Not shown, but behind the sofa in its own rack). OPPO 203 in bottom left shelf.

All AC power is run through a Shunyata Denali power conditioner, which is fed by a medical grade Environmental Potentials 2460 wave form correction device.

All power cords are Shunyata, Zitron Cobras and Alpha Digitals. All ethernet cables are Certicable Cat8. Switch is a Cisco 28 port 

Care has been taken for vibration control tweaking. Some of my Primacoustic acoustic panels (bass traps and absorbers) are shown in the pictures.

The whole system is Space optimized in Exakt 5 channel surround. The front end is all Katalyst and the surrounds are Exakt. 

Sound quality is astonishing in stereo and surround, for streaming music, multichannel music discs and BluRay movies.   :)

IMG_7777.jpg

IMG_7776.jpg

IMG_7774.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kryno and eriku

timster

Linnguist
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Wiltshire, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nice one Paul! I don't remember you posting these on the old forum - or perhaps it was before my time!

May as well repost my relatively poor photo ;)

New System complete.jpg

Edit: Seeing as some have included their rear views  :sofa:
Rear.jpg

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Timster, 

I did have my Linn system posted, but it was probably an earlier version of my setup when I had Majik Isobariks, 112 centre and 109's. If I recall correctly, it was posted on something like page 56?

Since that posting I upgraded to Active Akubariks, then Exakt Akubariks, and now  Katalyst Akubariks.

Nice picture of your Linn system. I like how you labelled all your components on the picture. :)

I remember doing Space optimisation on your beautiful Linn system almost exactly 1 year ago. 

timster

Linnguist
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Wiltshire, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
'twas, last October I believe. And that was when it was the Majik Exaktbox-i, and I had a big gaping hole in the left rack. Now it's nicely balanced :)

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
'twas, last October I believe. And that was when it was the Majik Exaktbox-i, and I had a big gaping hole in the left rack. Now it's nicely balanced :)
Time flies when you are having fun.

I was actually at your home on November 24th.

One of the great highlights of my visit to the UK, and with you, was you took me to Stonehenge nearby, which I thought was awesome.    :D

SnapperMike

And His Hair Was Perfect
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Edinburgh, UK
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Paul, I'd love to listen to your system!

timster, I'd love to have your interior designer! Is that teal?

Here's my modest system, mostly from the 1990's. 

By the way, that's my team Leeds United on the telly celebrating scoring a goal against Wigan today. 

Gorillaz.jpg

download (1).jpeg

timster

Linnguist
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Wiltshire, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Was it really November? We were lucky wit the weather then - Stonehenge was glorious especially with the sunset if I remember correctly. Not normal for end of November!  :)

timster

Linnguist
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Wiltshire, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Aye, that it be. Dulux Feature Wall Teal to be precise. And the designer was the previous owner - I've not felt the need to redecorate since moving here!

Edit: Obviously the rest is me. I got the trunk from my mum's bungalow after she had to move to a home. I nabbed it before my sister got her grubby mitts on it. And the figures are limited edition resin casts of bronze originals.

The lamp I bought over 20 years ago from now defunct Habitat as is probably the only constant thing I have always had wherever I've laid my hat!

Reactions: SnapperMike

phino

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 8, 2018
Yorkshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Paul, I'd love to listen to your system!

Here's my modest system, mostly from the 1990's. 

By the way, that's my team Leeds United on the telly celebrating scoring a goal against Wigan today. 
Liking the clean, minimalist look!  It might be mostly from the 90’s but it looks bang-up-to-date.

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Was it really November? We were lucky wit the weather then - Stonehenge was glorious especially with the sunset if I remember correctly. Not normal for end of November!  :)
Yes, it was a beautiful sunny day in November indeed.

I arrived by train from Oxfordshire to the train station in Bath early in the morning. where you greeted me on my arrival.   

You gave me the grand tour of Bath, and then we worked on your Space optimization. In the afternoon we drove to Stonehenge. 

I’ll post a picture later.

It was an awesome day indeed. Thank you  again for your kindness   😊🙏

SnapperMike, I love the look of your Listening room and Linn system. Great photography.

Anytime you are in Vancouver, you are invited over to hear my Linn system.  🎶🎶🎶

IMG_4815.jpeg

Reactions: Tarzan and timster

aurelio

Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nice one Paul! I hope I will be able to listen to some surround material on your system one day.

Here is how my livingroom looks like.

active AV5140s, active AV5120 center, AV5150 sub, Katan as rears, Majik DSM, 3x 5125 D, Linn Basik and an Oppo 205 and a whole lot of spaghetti wiring that I managed to hide from my wife!

IMG_4249.JPG

Reactions: sunbeamgls

phino

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 8, 2018
Yorkshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nice fish-eye. Makes one wonder though - how would Space handle a curved room? 
Nae worries - it was made for one!  Haven't you seen it on the website?  :D

bigfish_508x485.png

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nice one Paul! I hope I will be able to listen to some surround material on your system one day.

Here is how my livingroom looks like.

active AV5140s, active AV5120 center, AV5150 sub, Katan as rears, Majik DSM, 3x 5125 D, Linn Basik and an Oppo 205 and a whole lot of spaghetti wiring that I managed to hide from my wife!

C7FEB549-9BF2-4C54-850C-2E3CFA8AA9F8.jpeg
Hi Aurelio

Nice picture of your lovely sounding Linn system

Yes, I remember your wonderful room well, and our great day tour of Nuremburg, and Erlangen.   :D

Of course you are invited to my home anytime you plan to travel to Vancouver.

Carrington

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 10, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wow! All your systems look great! Mine feels a bit low spec in comparison but I am pretty happy with it. Sorry about the quality of the pictures  :$

The above is a Townshend Avalon, Genki, 2x LK85s and a Majik. I was both surprised and disappointed when my 4 Linn boxes wouldn't fit on my stand  9_9

Carrington

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 10, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheers SnapperMike  :)  They are indeed and are aktiv too, they sound great and far more bass than I expected given their size. They are on the correct Linn stands which are sand filled.

SnapperMike

And His Hair Was Perfect
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Edinburgh, UK
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Are you streaming any music Carrington? If not, the addition of a Linn DS would offer Space Optimisation which can improve things dramatically. I got my Sneaky pretty cheap secondhand only recently.