WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Seems to be no thread on the six nations this year. Seeing as it's starting this weekend just thought id try and share my excitement.

Being a Jock 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 south of the border I'm already starting to get a bit of stick of this weekend! A lot of hype behind Scotland and the expectations are high!

Would people be interested in a six nations fantasy league?

Reactions: Amormusic

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Your opener match against us should be good. Scots always play well against England at home.

Always fun at six Nations as my mum is a Scot and massive rugby fan, but I am English. Always some great banter.

We both went to Murrayfield few years back together for a Eng/Scot six Nations. I love Murrayfield.

But the Scots ribbed me in the pubs after the match when I opened my mouth for being English. Always fun at Rugby.

I've had some great times at Principality in Wales too.

Bokke

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Seems to be no thread on the six nations this year. Seeing as it's starting this weekend just thought id try and share my excitement.

Being a Jock 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 south of the border I'm already starting to get a bit of stick of this weekend! A lot of hype behind Scotland and the expectations are high!

Would people be interested in a six nations fantasy league?
I like to call scotland the South Africa C team - no offence intended

Bokke

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So what you're saying is Scotland are the third best team in the world?
Has lots of Ex-SA people in :) (Few years ago I even heard some Afrikaans spoken during a game)
Seriously though - They are much improved but still inconsistent

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Has lots of Ex-SA people in :) (Few years ago I even heard some Afrikaans spoken during a game)
Seriously though - They are much improved but still inconsistent
yeah theres a few! Plenty of talent and depth in the squad just like you say inconsistent and some seriously bad luck at times. To be honest it's a running joke round me and at my local club about how unlucky Scotland can be! SA are just on a different level. Even your Waterboy is on a different level!

Thoughts on SA joining the 6-Nations in 2025?

Reactions: Bokke

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Theres a piece of paper between the top teams in International rugby. They can all beat each other on any given day ?
@Bokke bias is understandable but has no place on a 6 Nations thread :)
I was born in England but have Irish & Scot lineage too. It's great for the sport that Wales,Ireland,Scotland,England & indeed France can have a realistic shout of victory when they play. Rugby has not been this tightly contested in my lifetime. (y)

Reactions: Firebottle

Bokke

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Theres a piece of paper between the top teams in International rugby. They can all beat each other on any given day ?
@Bokke bias is understandable but has no place on a 6 Nations thread :)
I was born in England but have Irish & Scot lineage too. It's great for the sport that Wales,Ireland,Scotland,England & indeed France can have a realistic shout of victory when they play. Rugby has not been this tightly contested in my lifetime. (y)
Actually the bokke are leaving the rugby championship and joining the 6 nations in a few years time because of the time zone issues and to align the regional teams with Europe as they already have.

They will replace Italy I'm led to believe

Reactions: garn63

Bokke

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
yeah theres a few! Plenty of talent and depth in the squad just like you say inconsistent and some seriously bad luck at times. To be honest it's a running joke round me and at my local club about how unlucky Scotland can be! SA are just on a different level. Even your Waterboy is on a different level!

Thoughts on SA joining the 6-Nations in 2025i

I have mixed feeling but I think it may be

Thoughts on SA joining the 6-Nations in 2025?
I'm getting mixed reports about this .

Some say it won't happen and other it will.
I think it will positive for South African rugby as they may start to make some money and stop the rot (corruption aside)

The only bad news would be less tests against the best team NZ on a regular basis. That's the only worry for me but as a spectator can you imagine the hype around the 6 nations with SA involved. Cardiff park would be buzzing for days before.

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@Bokke Yeah, the 6N came out the other day and said basically it was 'fake news'.

I'm all for opening up the 6N to more people, like Georgia are unreal and they are a Northern hem team, I'd love it if they made it a thing with the European nations cup and we had a 1 up and 1 down system or something. I love the Tri nations and all rugby cups and I don't know if it's just from being a Jock but the 6N is by far my favourite rugby cup.

The 6N and then the Autumn cup has me happy now. I suppose we can ask for too much when it comes to nationals and it will take too much away from club rugby!

I see Etxebeth is stirring up a storm with moving to the sharks.

Bokke

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@Bokke Yeah, the 6N came out the other day and said basically it was 'fake news'.

I'm all for opening up the 6N to more people, like Georgia are unreal and they are a Northern hem team, I'd love it if they made it a thing with the European nations cup and we had a 1 up and 1 down system or something. I love the Tri nations and all rugby cups and I don't know if it's just from being a Jock but the 6N is by far my favourite rugby cup.

The 6N and then the Autumn cup has me happy now. I suppose we can ask for too much when it comes to nationals and it will take too much away from club rugby!

SA Rugby Rugby Championship contract expires on 2025 so we will see I suppose - Ja Eben Etzebeth Is always causing a stir

Reactions: Roo

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

I prefer to go down to 5 sides, drop Italy, and then play home and away, so there would be 8 matches. That would get rid of the home advantage.

It Cost How Much!?!

Twisted
Wammer
Oct 27, 2008
Hartford, Cheshire
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Definitely looking forward to Wales England and especially Scotland France.

It will be very interesting to see who England pick at 9, 6 and 8. I suspect the Toad will conform to type and Youngs will be back slowing everything down and box kicking possession away, along with Lawes at 6. It doesn't matter who we have at 12/13 if Youngs plays, as they will either not see the ball or see it when the defense is set.

• Upvote
Reactions: MVJ

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online