so does anyone live around the East Midlands?

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If biscuit can not host, I will, I am in scunthorpe so it may be hike for one or two people, but I could set up two rooms. You may need a stick to keep the dogs off for the first 30 minutes or so. My gear is at the bottom of the range-

Rega P25-Denon DL110- Planet-Brio-Rega R 3's

Rory

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Essex, , United King
doesn 't matter mate...Rega stuff makes brilliant music irrespective of price.

However, come on, lets get something organised
biggrin.png

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
initial thoughts for dates- 14th too soon- 21st as well I would think

28th is bank hoilday week end so i suppose that's out

how about 3rd September somewhere-

G

:)Hi all,

I fancy a get together too, can make Cambridge in a half hour coming from the East.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
rewster wrote:

:)Hi all, I fancy a get together too, can make Cambridge in a half hour coming from the East.
will you bring some COOOL kit then rewster.. like seriously cold dude?

G

:?I was thinking social rather than business! Not interested in some covert sales pitch, just a chance to listen to some new sounds with some like minded Audio types really.

Can provide a reasonable cdp, Primare D30.2, to add to the mix, my amp is also Primare, but the more modest A20mk2, I'd be happy to bring it if anyones interested.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
rewster wrote:

:?I was thinking social rather than business! Not interested in some covert sales pitch, just a chance to listen to some new sounds with some like minded Audio types really.Can provide a reasonable cdp, Primare D30.2, to add to the mix, my amp is also Primare, but the more modest A20mk2, I'd be happy to bring it if anyones interested.
just pulling your leg mate.
biggrin.png
don't worry, I was giving you a plug, not having a moan.
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
:cool:

(Rewster is in the Deep freeze hifi biz guys).

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
I'd love to host, but won't be able to, since the folks are back off holiday on sunday, and wouldn't take too kindly to having the house filled with previously anonymous blokes off t'internet.

Could make a last ditch effort for saturday
biggrin.png

ronc

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 14, 2006
Gold Coast Australia
AKA
Ron
I live in the East Midlands - which is nowhere near Ipswich, though!

Ashby de la Zouch is about level with Loughborough (which is in between Leicester and Nottingham) but about 10 miles west. It is about level with J23 of the M1, and near J13 of the A42, about 40 mins from Birmingham.

Does anyone else live near Nottingham, Derby, Birmingham, Leicester or Northampton?

I see from the dates on this thread that the original question drew not very many replies, but I think it is worth another post.

P

purplepleaser

Hi Ronc, I made it to Hert's for the Wigwam bake-off. I will be up for a road trip down.

I am also thinking of doing something.Not at mine but i have a venue but undecided yet to take the offer up.

Lee:geek:

chris

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
leics, ,
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Ron

I live in Ashby as well.

I noticed your recent change of equipment from Audia, MF and Hovland to other brands. I expect Michael Statham will be out of business soon
sad.png

ronc

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 14, 2006
Gold Coast Australia
AKA
Ron
Manchester! I'm interested in hearing different kit, but not enough to drive those kind of miles. What was the Herts bake off like?

Milton Keynes is not a ridiculous journey, let's hold that thought. Anyone else live not a million miles away?

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
lol

Chris - I know this is a dumb question, and there will be hundreds of Chris's in Ashby - but you aren't Chris Susans are you? Sorry - had to ask just in case.

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
lol - no, he was a guitar teacher/composer who used to direct the National Guitar ensemble when I was a member - lived in Ashby. Thought he could possibly be the hifi geek type.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online