Soho Record Shop For Sale. Live the Rock n Roll Dream, apparently.

G

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/On-The-Beat-Records-A-Classic-Vinyl-Collectors-Record-Store-in-Central-London-/221305313500?pt=UK_B_I_Business_for_Sale_CV&hash=item3386d318dc

%24T2eC16JHJF0FFZ317BzNBSb!YlNFNQ~~60_12.JPG

Live your dream and enter a rock’n’roll lifestyle – your chance to run a record shop!

If you’re at the stage in your life when you don’t have to worry about making money but can live the bohemian life, meet interesting people every day and the occasional pop or rock star, here’s your chance to take over the oldest record shop in the centre of Swinging London.

It’s been there for five decades, right in Soho and just around the corner from Tin Pan Alley.

A vinyl treasure trove with a pulsing, groovin’ history steeped in its very walls.

You can make history and take it over! Without someone buying it, it will disappear.

If you’re mad about music, love vinyl and want to keep the dream alive, here’s your chance to take on an Aladdin’s Cave of musical gems.

Flimber

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 14, 2008
West Yorkshire
Doesn't even say if you get the bricks and mortar or just the chance to throw money away by buying the business - and thereby help get the current owner out of his debts (?)

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
He does say that the shop is for sale

He is only using eBay to advertise, there is no way the transaction would be completed on eBay.

take5

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 17, 2008
lancs
AKA
brian
He does say that the shop is for sale
Oh, I got all excited there at the thought of buying a business in the centre of London, which included a property. All for £300,000.

My finger was almost on the Buy it Now button.

Then I decided to check. Sounds too good to be true.

I read it as just being the business. ie stock and goodwill.

No bricks and mortar mentioned.

Shit, the Bohemian life is going to be on hold for a few more years yet then.

alphatoner

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 17, 2007
Tring, Herts
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'd be pretty sure that £300k got you more than just SAV, the shop itself will be included but only on leasehold and you can bet your life the ground rent & rates will be pretty hefty.

M

MJ.

When I visited Nice, a vinyl shop there was up for sale!Life in the sun, plus selling music! dream-time!
Wouldn't a Vinyl shop melt and deform in hot sun ?

nat8808

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 8, 2007
London
AKA
Nat
Does it come with the records? Seem to remember they had a record cleaning service too via a Loricraft machine.

Does it come with the man behind the counter and the one customer too?

Normally the listing says if anything in the photos isn't included..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles