SOLD: Auralic Aries Femto with linear power supply

• The WAM 22 TICKETS and details can be found HERE
The Wam Show 2022 Confirmed, click to read more.

Cootie

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Great sounding streamer with femto clocks and linear power supply, plus use of Auralic’s Lightning DS software (it’s also a Roon certified end point), which provides Spotify Connect, Tidal and Qobuz integration, whilst also having just added Amazon HD streaming in the last 2 weeks. 

Only selling as since getting my Auralic Vega G2 it provides integrated streaming functionality (albeit not management of an offline library like the Aries does). 

Alongside the pros though, there are a couple of cons to make people aware of:

1. It is iOS only, so won’t suit Android users;

2. It’s a bit picky about which routers it likes - it wouldn’t play nicely with my Virgin Superhub for example over WiFi. Auralic do provide a list of recommended wireless routers though, or like me you can use Ethernet. 
3. There are a couple of dead pixels on the display at the front (very hard to spot from a distance) and want to flag that for anyone  that would find it a real bugbear. In truth I never notice it and you’ll find you’ll be using your phone/iPad rather than the front display anyway. 

New price was £1495, with various glowing reviews - looking for £500+ courier cost (or collect from Edinburgh) and for that price I’ll happily include either a Tellerium Blue USB (1M) or MCRU Ultimate Coax (0.5m) digital interconnect, which retail themselves at £180-200, to help get you up and running. 

Any questions just shout.  C463885B-E7A6-418F-8BFC-CF2B84C9E7C2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian b

Ian
Wammer
Sep 26, 2020
Near Bournemouth
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thank you Iain 

arrived safely today within 24hrs of purchasing, in-place on the rack and streaming music 🎶 

ian