Sondek.. fast prob. Help!

The Abbot

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 21, 2008
Middle England.
AKA
eh? THE ABBOT.
Isn’t this just a comparison of the LED versus incandescent? Otherwise I can’t imagine what “Vs incandescent “ might mean.

BTW - safest thing to clean any belt with is a slightly damp lint free cloth.

’troll

No it's not meant to read as my saying 'versus'.. on the box, the bulb type is labelled as Vs Incandescent on the box. I thought you guys might have ID'd if this bulb type wasn't suitable.

Im confused by bulb types now. Led's are n/g for this test, or Led's are good ( I know as a fact my spotlights are good next door, with the dual TT's outer strobe pattern fixed nearly still), or some are good/ some types bad.

I'll have to go buy some different bulbs in town then. Expensive now but only way I can possibly sort this out. All my house lamps you see are these same JCB cheapo 'Vs Incandescent'. Or Id have obviously tried another lamp.

Thanks, Abbot

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No it's not meant to read as my saying 'versus'.. on the box, the bulb type is labelled as Vs Incandescent on the box. I thought you guys might have ID'd if this bulb type wasn't suitable.
As I said earlier, I’ve no idea what this could mean.

The Abbot

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 21, 2008
Middle England.
AKA
eh? THE ABBOT.
Hi chaps, it seems like I've made an error.

I dug out an old school bulb, filament type, put this in my anglepoise... & the strobe effect is there! IE fixed, albeit creeping clockwise fairly rapidly.

So this seems to have been a " problem" with this "Vs Incandescent bulb". And also prooves that some led bulbs -will- be suitable, & some - will not- be suitable. IE not that all led bulbs aren't suitable, as my ceiling spotlights, simply are.

I have benefitted from this mixup though: done a clean of the motor pully, belt, set up so no rubbing sound heard now on platter ( belt I assume ). And locked the pulley better in place.

So just a question of adjusting the screws to tilt the pulley, to get the strobe effect fixed as near as I can to stationary. Near as dammit is fine.. I'm actually not super-picky needing it 33.3 on the dime.

Did my ears detect this slightly fast, maybe 33.6rpm? I really don't know now. Maybe I have bat ears. Certainty getting bigger/ longer as I get older.

Apologies if I've been an idiot. And thanks so much for the information: the cymbiosis page is really useful to bookmar.

Abbot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kengxx