Wammer
New Wammer
Apr 1, 2012
Sussex
AKA
Neil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Does anyone know what tool is used to remove the speaker terminals on the Linn NInka and where to get them?

many thanks

Monkey Wrench

Wammer
Feb 8, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
It is a simple rectangle of metal with three squared off prongs at one end.

The middle prong fits where the banana plug goes and the two outer prongs fit the two small cutouts on the terminal.

Originally they were supplied with the speaker but were quite soft and didn’t last too long. A local retailer may be able to find one in a bottom drawer.

Plan B is simply take a pair of needle-nosed pliers, insert  into the two small terminal cutouts, hold carefully and twist anti-clockwise to undo.

Edited - Pete at Cymbiosis advertises them

https://www.cymbiosis.com/product/linn-key-for-speaker-socket-collar/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nebar

neilj

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 5, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When I bought my Ninkas second hand a few years ago, they came without the spanner.

I contacted Linn support to ask where I could buy one and they sent me one free of charge.

robbiegrant

New Wammer
Sep 27, 2021
Scotland
AKA
Robbie Grant
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It is a simple rectangle of metal with three squared off prongs at one end.

The middle prong fits where the banana plug goes and the two outer prongs fit the two small cutouts on the terminal.

Originally they were supplied with the speaker but were quite soft and didn’t last too long. A local retailer may be able to find one in a bottom drawer.

Plan B is simply take a pair of needle-nosed pliers, insert  into the two small terminal cutouts, hold carefully and twist anti-clockwise to undo.

Edited - Pete at Cymbiosis advertises them

https://www.cymbiosis.com/product/linn-key-for-speaker-socket-collar/
Thank for that. I have one on the way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles