Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I went through a camera yesterdayat 47mph in a 40 zone. Its a new camera small yellow box with only a small number of markers on the road. It didn't flash but have I been caught?

Borats Baby

Wammer
Wammer
May 2, 2006
Warrington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not certain on this but I think there for traffic monitoring purposes as apose to catching speeders..

fingers crossed for you though my friend !!

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Been looking at camera locations nad no one admits to the presence of the one that got me.

Its mad, I drive past it everyday but last night just forgot to check my speed as I approached.

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Most of the newer types don't flash, or they use an infra-red flash that you can't see.
sad.png

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
never has the 'James Bond' rotating number plate been more useful
wink.png

The Hifi Gallery

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2005
Kinross
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
ClassikFan wrote:

Been looking at camera locations nad no one admits to the presence of the one that got me.Its mad, I drive past it everyday but last night just forgot to check my speed as I approached.
thats one of the drawbacks of the Mondy ST fast and refined, don't realise how fats most times

A

Alex A

ask here

Also great advice on how to get off speeding and parking offences more often than you'd think possible.

thrunobulax

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 3, 2006
derby, , United King
Went to London and back sunday, and will spend the next 3 weeks waiting to see if i slipped up, effin nigh on impossible not to on a 430m round trip up the M4 and back.

Those average speed ones at the london end are just too big brother.

stickman

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 17, 2006
Manchester
AKA
Phil
Borats Baby wrote:

Not certain on this but I think there for traffic monitoring purposes as apose to catching speeders..fingers crossed for you though my friend !!
I thought :-

Yellow - speed cameras, for prosecuting motorists

Green - local authority cameras for investigation purposes, frequently accompanied by the 2 rubber wires across the road a couple of metres apart.

Grey/non-descript - Highways Agency cameras so they know when the traffic is flowing too well, so they can turn on the "40 Obstruction in Road" signs just to piss off motorists.

roll_with_it

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2005
Middlesbrough, Cleve
talking cameras, passed a DVLA tax-checking van this morning on the A19. I wondered what the hold-up was! Everyone suddenly slowed down, I presume guessing it was a speed camera. These seem to be getting more popular. I suppose at least they waited till 5th of the month, which gives even late people plenty of time to get their tax sorted...

G

we only have a few speed cameras here in sweden.

if you do get caught it's just a fine. no points on your liscense. but if your caught going 30 kmh over the limit then they ban you.

PARAGON

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 5, 2005
Norn Iron
roll_with_it wrote:

talking cameras, passed a DVLA tax-checking van this morning on the A19. I wondered what the hold-up was! Everyone suddenly slowed down, I presume guessing it was a speed camera. These seem to be getting more popular. I suppose at least they waited till 5th of the month, which gives even late people plenty of time to get their tax sorted...
My car is parked behind where I live... no streetlamps, road markings, name, postcode...ie. a private road.

The other day I see two skinny little pricks in big hats putting something on the screen so go outside to have a word. Now,I should mention here that the displayed tax disc is (was) out of date, and that I was waiting for the new one to arrive since I order it on the net. I should add also that technically the car has remained taxed with no gaps, and that the issue here is that I simply was waiting for the paper disc to arrive.

Now, first, on the "police" notice they put on my car, the first sentence states the vehicle was seen on a "PUBLIC" road - UN-FUCKIN-TRUE...

Second, the little jumped up spotty prick in the too-big hat and a shirt 2 sizes too big, which I may add did not make him look anything but a tit in a big hat trying to look bigger than he was, needed to only radio through and have checked that the car WAS taxed...

Fuckin dicks they are...
angry_smile.gif.8c0f636dd68eb7da5c2577e161ee9e27.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles