Freddyflybuttons
Wammer
Jan 19, 2020
Cornwall
AKA
Steve Powell
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don’t think many people here bought the new one. There are good reasons for this; there is no new (useful) functionality and Bluesound hasn’t differentiated it sufficiently from the old one.  People have spent money upgrading their existing units and are attached to them.  There is also the question of whether it’s easy to sell the modded units.  I expect the new ones are faster but does anyone need that.

The one with the built in amp looks like a solid upgrade but I don’t think many of us are at that end of the market. 
Mine is the old Node 2i, which is what I'm asking about - sorry if I'm not too lucid, but an operation and a week virtually without sleep isn't helping..!

As I've just mentioned above I've got a need to replace my interface so am hovering over the button, and had sort of expected a few others to be doing the same given how much interest there was earlier in the thread about any updates.

As you say, the new NODE doesn't seem to bring much of interest for me, just another box to hide away in the attic so my wife doesn't see it..

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I don’t think many people here bought the new one. There are good reasons for this; there is no new (useful) functionality and Bluesound hasn’t differentiated it sufficiently from the old one.  People have spent money upgrading their existing units and are attached to them.  There is also the question of whether it’s easy to sell the modded units.  I expect the new ones are faster but does anyone need that.

The one with the built in amp looks like a solid upgrade but I don’t think many of us are at that end of the market. 
The best way to sell a modded 2i is perhaps to reverse the modification. Then sell the 2i in original spec whilst either reusing the power supply for a different purpose or sell the power supply and modification ‘kit’. That is how I sold my 2i and modification kit.

Freddyflybuttons

Freddyflybuttons
Wammer
Jan 19, 2020
Cornwall
AKA
Steve Powell
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just a thought, have you checked that you are using the correct size of dc barrel connector?
Yup, it was fine for the first year or so, or at least I didn't notice anything...

Yes, I have tried but hey, it's almost Christmas and it is the season for giving so as my new Tannoy's haven't arrived I thought I'd give myself something small and in a little padded box. Jewelry in a real manly sense.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Only BT and Airplay seem to have changed since the 2, there maybe some other minor changes, usb out?

I think the DAC is different on the NODE, of course some Hifi reviews make out, the new one sounds soo much better. 

When I bought the 2 I looked into the differences between the 2 and 2i, soundwise nearly every user who had both, said they could not hear a difference. 

I think modified units will sell quickly, you see very few for sale, someone the other day was looking to buy one. If not you can easily reverse the mods and sell as original. Polish interfaces are difficult now to import due to Brexit. 

Last edited by a moderator:

zoidburg

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 1, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Ben
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I've finally bitten the bullet this morning and bought the fidelity audio pro low noise PSU + Interface. Fingers crossed its delivered quickly so I can get it sorted and up and running by next weekend.

Reactions: Jezzer

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've finally bitten the bullet this morning and bought the fidelity audio pro low noise PSU + Interface. Fingers crossed its delivered quickly so I can get it sorted and up and running by next weekend.
Nice. I have the same. Took about a week to arrive IIRC. Look forward to hearing your findings. It’s a really worthwhile upgrade.

zoidburg

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 1, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Ben
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Cheers mate.

Ive been thinking about it for ages but last night listen to bits and bobs of stuff I just felt like something was missing so decided to push the buy button. I will report my funds in due course.

zoidburg

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 1, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Ben
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The fidelity audio pro low noise PSU + INTERFACE arrived yesterday afternoon a week after I placed my order. Following the instructions installation was very easy and 25 mins after opening the box i was plumbing it back into the system.

Il live with it for a while before making any comments on the sound.
IMG_20220408_164025.jpg

Reactions: Jezzer

Paul68

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 30, 2021
West Lothian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I hate to raise an old thread, I apologise in advance.
My node n130 is out of warranty this month and I'm thinking of replacing the power board with the FA board.
Unfortunately I can't afford to pair it with a LPSU and could use a ifi ipower x to start with.

ChemMan

ChemMan
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Brussels
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My node n130 is out of warranty this month and I'm thinking of replacing the power board with the FA board.
Unfortunately I can't afford to pair it with a LPSU and could use a ifi ipower x to start with.
I bought an IFI wall wart for about €50 if I recall correctly. My LPS to my node was €75 or so. Audiophonics in France I think. Sorry for the estimates, it was a quite a while back.

Reactions: Paul68

Paul68

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 30, 2021
West Lothian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I bought an IFI wall wart for about €50 if I recall correctly. My LPS to my node was €75 or so. Audiophonics in France I think. Sorry for the estimates, it was a quite a while back.
Thank you.
I'm doing this upgrade bit by bit so any information is welcome.

karlsushi

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 1, 2022
Melton Mowbray, East Midlands
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm in a similar place to you @Paul68 I have a Node 2i hopefully arriving tomorrow with the FA board already inserted. In fact, it just happens to be @TheFlash's old unit.

I'm starting out with an ifi ipower 2.

There seems to be a running consensus that the SBooster is the way to go.

PS The Flash has a Sean Jacobs jobbie for sale on pfm at £750 if you fancy going all-in 😉

Reactions: Paul68 and DomT

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
He also has a custom made LPSU with Super Capacitors for around £275 . If you can find a decent used LPSU for under £100 that would last you much longer and allow you time to get something a little better . As has been said the Sbooster is the best what I would call sensible money and the one to get . To get much better than that would be probably at least £800 plus . I would also say the Polish board is the one to go for and is slightly cheaper than the Fidelity one .

I tried the link in the above post but it did not lead to a product on e-bay only to e-bay and a quick search seems to show that the item from Poland is no longer sold . Did a quick search and this is a link to the item .

https://pd-cf.com/produkt/bluesound-node-2-2i-upgrade-low-noise-psu-interface/

Last edited:

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Does not make much sense getting a board and then not a LPSU. You can get them for about the same cost as an ifi plug. The Polish guy also makes LPSUs.

Last edited:

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You have PM.

karlsushi

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 1, 2022
Melton Mowbray, East Midlands
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Forum statistics

Threads
Members