tackleberry

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 28, 2010
Leeds..ish
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I’m looking to send my speakers for upgrade. and I need a fair amount of 50mm stratocell foam to put in the crates I’m building. Does anyone know of a reasonable supplier?

Thanks.

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In the past I've bought rolls of bubblewrap and used cardboard/hardboard formers to wrap it round.

tackleberry

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 28, 2010
Leeds..ish
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I have, they put two forward yesterday. I have yet to get a quote from either. I’m just trying to get the most reasonable as I will have to dispose of it all when it comes back to me.

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have, they put two forward yesterday. I have yet to get a quote from either. I’m just trying to get the most reasonable as I will have to dispose of it all when it comes back to me.

Would you have not space to keep it long term? I would if you did...

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It seems that a lot of suppliers don't list prices online, but I found a couple of places that might be able to help:

https://www.wessex-packaging-salisbury.co.uk/our-products/foam-packaging-supplier/

https://www.swiftpak.co.uk/protective-packaging/stratocell/sheet

This one at least puts pricing up:

https://www.efoam.co.uk/ethafoam-pa...MInfjv0OKL9gIVcmHmCh1W6ANNEAAYASAAEgKtjvD_BwE

No idea how much they would charge to actually send the stuff to you though. The first two are in Salisbury and Reading, I'll be coming up to Bigrod (Julian) at the beginning of April for a bake-off so will be in the Nottingham-ish area if that helps at all? Part-way to you at least! I could probably pick up from either of those suppliers and meet you somewhere?

Lee M

was/is the purplepleaser
Wammer Plus
Nov 6, 2013
Manchester
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@DomT You're a delicate flower.

If they need fixing or upgrading, Just do as ATC requires. ATC are doing the right thing, protecting themselves and the customers speakers from transport damage. Imagine the bitching if they got damage by the couriers by not using sufficient packaging.

This is like buying a Rolls Royce and moaning about the price of a service.

• Sad
Reactions: DomT

hiacedrifter

Wammer
Sep 26, 2017
Worthing
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m looking to send my speakers for upgrade. and I need a fair amount of 50mm stratocell foam to put in the crates I’m building. Does anyone know of a reasonable supplier?

Thanks.
It might be worth finding a local company that either makes packaging or receives packaged goods,.to see if you can get some off cuts of stratocell. Maybe drive around the local industrial estates?

Last edited:

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It might be worth finding a local company that either makes packaging or receives packaged goods,.to see if you can get some off cuts of stratocell. Maybe drive around the local industrial estates?

Police Officer - We've had reports of you suspiciously driving around the area. What is your business here?

@tackleberry - Well I have these incredibly large and expensive speakers that I want to send away to be made even better but I can only do so if I can source a particular type of packing material...

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Let your fingers do the talking and ring round the packaging companies in your area and have a chat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.