Stupid, stupid, stupid

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Oh dear, sorry to hear that.
Did that with a Hana SL a few years back, and for the next 6 months, or so was ultra, careful when using the tt, soon wore off though, and now, I don't even think about what I'm doing.

lazycat

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Dec 20, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
New cartridge this week - I found my hand shaking yesterday when I was re-adjusting the set up (barely a smidge off from the original alignment). So I stopped for 5 mins.

I don't normally suffer from this but the new one is an MC. There'll be a small amount of trepidation over the next few weeks, which I find annoying.

I'm usually quite blasé. Claim on your insurance if poss.

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
New cartridge this week - I found my hand shaking yesterday when I was re-adjusting the set up (barely a smidge off from the original alignment). So I stopped for 5 mins.

I don't normally suffer from this but the new one is an MC. There'll be a small amount of trepidation over the next few weeks, which I find annoying.

I'm usually quite blasé. Claim on your insurance if poss.
Go Decca .. the build makes it a little more difficult to damage the stylus (no big cantilever) and if by chance you do wreck it it costs about £300 for a rebuild (extended fine line stylus Supergold spec) .. also means come retip time you send it off and it comes back like new. The problem most will have is having an arm that it works in (damped Unipivot, Mission 774 with damping paddle and few others and of course the Rock with damping trough at the business end)

lazycat

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Dec 20, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Go Decca .. the build makes it a little more difficult to damage the stylus (no big cantilever) and if by chance you do wreck it it costs about £300 for a rebuild (extended fine line stylus Supergold spec) .. also means come retip time you send it off and it comes back like new. The problem most will have is having an arm that it works in (damped Unipivot, Mission 774 with damping paddle and few others and of course the Rock with damping trough at the business end)
Thanks @uzzy bit it just took this evenings session to calm down. :LOL:

Not even sure why I was nervous, I used MCs for 25 yrs and was fine. New cart jitters I suppose.

I'd like to try a Decca but the Dyna is performing above expectations.

Reactions: uzzy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles