Sugden A21a and Totem Arros

JAD

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 5, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi, anyone have any experience of this combination? I have heard they work well together. May take a punt on a set of 2nd hand Arros. Cheers John

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi, anyone have any experience of this combination? I have heard they work well together. May take a punt on a set of 2nd hand Arros. Cheers John
John

If you put a 4ohm load on the Sugden, it will reduce the power to around 14w and if the speakers dip lower, the Sugden will struggle at higher volumes especially in the bass dept. If you have a smallish room, you might be ok but if you crank it up, you just need to be mindful. 👍🏻

JAD

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 5, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks, don’t listen that loudly so that probably isn’t going to be a problem. Regardless, I have been humming and haying for 4 days now so think it is a sign I should pass up on the Arros and refocus on going back to standmounts which was original intention cheers john

Reactions: Rockchild

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks, don’t listen that loudly so that probably isn’t going to be a problem. Regardless, I have been humming and haying for 4 days now so think it is a sign I should pass up on the Arros and refocus on going back to standmounts which was original intention cheers john
How much are you looking to spend John?

JAD

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 5, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
How much are you looking to spend John?
Maybaes up to £1,250 new or second hand. One great thing I learned coming onto this forum is the possibility of going second hand. Would never really have given it a thought before

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Maybaes up to £1,250 new or second hand. One great thing I learned coming onto this forum is the possibility of going second hand. Would never really have given it a thought before
Look out for a Pair of used Proac DB1’s @HouseElf runs that combo and I had a short time with them in a smaller room some time back. Beautiful combination.

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I totally agree on the A21a & DB1 combo. I listened to this whilst on my upgrade quest and of everything I heard I was soooo close to pulling the trigger. An enchanting combo.

There's a set on the bay now, but a bit rich in price imo. Lovely finish though.

Reactions: HouseElf and JAD

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Last set I saw sell on bay were just under £1500 quite recently.

Reactions: JAD

Mynameismud

Wammer
Oct 8, 2018
Proac tablette 10 new or tablette signature s/h closer to your budget. Standard tablette 10 and a21 favourite set up I’ve ever had.

JAD

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 5, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Proac tablette 10 new or tablette signature s/h closer to your budget. Standard tablette 10 and a21 favourite set up I’ve ever had.
What was the bass like. I am no bass head but reason I sold on my Avi pro 9 + was just felt missing in the low end. That said had them for 17 years so they were doing something right.

HouseElf

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Oct 16, 2016
Coppull
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Look out for a Pair of used Proac DB1’s @HouseElf runs that combo and I had a short time with them in a smaller room some time back. Beautiful combination.

The A21a/DB1 combination is indeed superb. They seem to be made for each other.

I’m not sure I’d go for the Tablette 10 if bass is what you are after. I heard a pair a few years ago and it was immediately noticeable that they were lacking in this area (obvious with the size of them but a couple of other speakers, similar in size, were quite a lot better).

Reactions: JAD and Rockchild

Mynameismud

Wammer
Oct 8, 2018
What was the bass like. I am no bass head but reason I sold on my Avi pro 9 + was just felt missing in the low end. That said had them for 17 years so they were doing something right.
The bass is unusual. In general I can understand it coming across as light but in other instances if the track calls for it it can be shocking how low these little boxes can go ( all relative of course). It does enough that I don’t miss it, too distracted by the sensational mids and treble. It’s a balance I like personally. I’d call it clean and musical.

Lowand

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 28, 2013
Chorley
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi, I'm currently selling my Totem Arros as I'm going fully active in a home studio. There are on the Classifieds both here and on Pink Fish. I used them with a Sugden A21a for about 3 years. A wonderful combination. I also used them with Albarry amps, and a Schiit Ragnarok. All were cracking combinations. Coincidentally I have recently considered keeping them and looking for an A21a again to run as a second system !

Reactions: JAD and tackleberry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.