Wammer Plus
Mar 29, 2020
Doncaster
primevehiclelogistics.com
AKA
Stewart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Having two turntables and only one phono input i use a cheap switching box but I causes serious hum

What recommendations would there be to make significant improvement without buying a new amp with 2 inputs

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Man in a van

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2012
Staffordshire
AKA
Ronnie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In the past I have used a Tisbury passive pre-amp for line level inputs (with the volume set to zero)

I don't know how well it would work with Turntable inputs (maybe with the volume set to max ?)

ronnie

Not having used a turntable for twenty years, I'm a bit rusty on that side of things :)

Reactions: vinyl4ever

vinyl4ever

Mr
Wammer Plus
Mar 29, 2020
Doncaster
AKA
Stewart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My current amp is very short of spare inputs, so I think I may well just bite the bullet and look around for some else.
Running a PIONEER PL707 and a SONY X600 BIOTRACER so bith vintage decks.

Now the conundrum
Newish amp with built in DAC
Stay vintage with a bigger more powerful amp ( generally having more inputs)
Yamaha generally had 2 phono inputs on their 70s kit

Stewart

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A couple of years back I used a Pioneer SA500-A to successfully run either a pair of Ditton 15s or Dali Zensor 3s, it had 2 phono inputs and sounded wonderful. 

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Having two turntables and only one phono input i use a cheap switching box but I causes serious hum

What recommendations would there be to make significant improvement without buying a new amp with 2 inputs

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
I have a QED one - simple two in and one out with a switch - used it for many years and it is in my spares box ..  This one is the same as the one I used to use  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353596912174?hash=item525404b22e:g:YPYAAOSwNS9hAsXI

Here is the two way switch unit which should do the job  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353826126268?hash=item5261ae39bc:g:gq8AAOSwFKlhQ3UN

Here is another one that will do the job https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125009526392?hash=item1d1b25fe78:g:sMQAAOSwDbJht0rK

or this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115014593385?hash=item1ac7676b69:g:qP8AAOSw8nBhUjpu

This is their tape switching unit (which would work just fine with two turntables too) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334274461831?hash=item4dd44f8087:g:XjMAAOSwOYFhrmxs

Here is their big distribution unit - I think this will work just fine too https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194676524206?hash=item2d53a004ae:g:EEQAAOSwpdphVMTS

Site them clear of mains leads and the amplifier input transformer to ensure no hum is induced - they do not create hum but like any ancillary  piece of kit hum can be induced through bad placement 

vinyl4ever

Mr
Wammer Plus
Mar 29, 2020
Doncaster
AKA
Stewart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They are similar to what I have in my system atm, definitely adds noise to the phono stage using these.
Thinking about getting my tt's molded if possible with rca outputs rather than having the captive leads and earth cable .

Stewart

Swann36

Swann36 a Widower finding solace in music
Wammer
Jun 3, 2020
Lincoln UK
AKA
Lloyd
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not sure if it will exactly what your after but I use a Beresford switch for 2 amps and systems, vinyl and cd / tv into 1 pair of speakers .. it works great for my purposes and I seem to remember that Beresford have a few options it’s a 1 man band business i think and others have said he’s easy to chat with and really helpful so perhaps have a look and a chat ?

Either way good luck in finding a solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swann36

Wammer
Jun 3, 2020
Lincoln UK
AKA
Lloyd
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not sure if it will exactly what your after but I use a Beresford switch for 2 amps and systems, vinyl and cd / tv into 1 pair of speakers .. it works great for my purposes and I seem to remember that Beresford have a few options it’s a 1 man band business i think and others have said he’s easy to chat with and really helpful so perhaps have a look and a chat ?

Swann36

Wammer
Jun 3, 2020
Lincoln UK
AKA
Lloyd
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Swann36

Wammer
Jun 3, 2020
Lincoln UK
AKA
Lloyd
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Swann36

Wammer
Jun 3, 2020
Lincoln UK
AKA
Lloyd
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Swann36

Wammer
Jun 3, 2020
Lincoln UK
AKA
Lloyd
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Swann36

Wammer
Jun 3, 2020
Lincoln UK
AKA
Lloyd
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Swann36

Wammer
Jun 3, 2020
Lincoln UK
AKA
Lloyd
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Headcoat

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 15, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I use a Schiit Sys as a source selector before the Schiit Loki and integrated amp.

My old ears hear no baddies, and there is the advantage of using it as an attenuator when required.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.