random internet bod
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve done a good few Wam taxi runs myself over the years, but now I’m on the “seeking” end. I will check to see if/when I might be able to do the round trip myself but, in parallel, please crank your creativity up to max and show me what you’ve got.

Having succumbed to the charms of this baby (and checked my rack measurements!), I need to get it home:

I don’t expect anyone to be doing the end-to-end, but we might be able to sort a taxi chain. Fingers crossed, except for when typing.

Reactions: ProfessorP3PP3R

GLB

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2015
Newquey Cornwall
AKA
Chris Schwar
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Not until 17 th dec but traveling along m5 and on into  Lincoln so I can get very close to both of you , can you wait that long .

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFlash

random internet bod
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not until 17 th dec but traveling along m5 and on into  Lincoln so I can get very close to both of you , can you wait that long .
Yes! Excellent. Please PM me re likely route so I can suggest a meet at my end. I don’t think Zak has transport at the Cheltenham end so this may be harder. To PM to see what we can do? Thanks!

LDP816

Wammer
Nov 17, 2021
Somerset
AKA
Andrew Pickering
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is potentially very useful for me! I am (was) going to pick some speakers up from Melton Mowbray and bring them back to Somerset, would be far easier for me to get them from Cheltenham, perhaps we could work something out? 

Reactions: TheFlash

ProfessorP3PP3R

ProfP
Wammer
Oct 15, 2020
Cheltenham
AKA
Zak
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes! Excellent. Please PM me re likely route so I can suggest a meet at my end. I don’t think Zak has transport at the Cheltenham end so this may be harder. To PM to see what we can do? Thanks!
Yh sadly I don't drive so wouldn't be able to meet on my end, we are on the east side of Cheltenham (so the far side from the M5)

GLB

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2015
Newquey Cornwall
AKA
Chris Schwar
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
b

This is potentially very useful for me! I am (was) going to pick some speakers up from Melton Mowbray and bring them back to Somerset, would be far easier for me to get them from Cheltenham, perhaps we could work something out? 
be returning sunday 18th late ish but more then will ing to meet you on m5 somerset way 

Reactions: TheFlash

LDP816

Wammer
Nov 17, 2021
Somerset
AKA
Andrew Pickering
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
b

be returning sunday 18th late ish but more then will ing to meet you on m5 somerset way 
Ok, I will have a check, think I might be in Switzerland that weekend! Need to check flight times and come back to you!

Reactions: GLB

TheFlash

random internet bod
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just wrapping this up with huge THANKS to Chris @GLB for literally going out of his way for me on this en route from Cornwall to Lincoln. 20 minute diversion to collect and another diversion for something to eat/drink and some tunes. Awesome wamming, Chris. :notworthy:

I am delighted to have @ProfessorP3PP3R's Sansui XR-Q7 in my possession a few weeks after buying it, and look forward to putting it through it paces. Thanks Zak.

ProfessorP3PP3R

ProfP
Wammer
Oct 15, 2020
Cheltenham
AKA
Zak
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks to the both of you! Was so nice of you Chris and really nice to have a nice little chat! I have to admit I do like the slight shock value that comes from me being young sometimes haha!

Hope your enjoy it Nigel! Glad it's going with a nice stack from its home land!