• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

technics epa 500 arm - anyone know about this?

speedysteve

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 25, 2007
The New Forest
AKA
Stig Forsberg
It probably a fair bit better than the SL-1200/1201 arm - it looks to share the VTA adjustment ring setup. Can't say if its identical but looks very similar.

The 1210 arm is S shaped and resonance is one quoted issue with it.

The base, that would bolt into the deck plinth, looks to be metal (steel?). The 1210 etc are plastic I think. How the VTA arrangement could impact sound quality is one of conjecture. The first or 2nd upgrade for the 1210 deck is to change the arm.

Very exotic arms go on some decks - Ortofon's, Dynavector's etc finest at ££££'s.

The end looks to be a rubber stub damping / counterweight affair. Looks like it had a shiny cover or the counterweight around it.

Perhaps could super glue it back in place? Without examining it - hard to tell.

themadlatvian

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 28, 2008
Huddersfield
AKA
John
Wants payment by cheque ONLY - how odd !
Unusual Mike, but not necessarily odd. There are still people of a certain vintage who prefer business done this way. I can't say for certain that this fellow is getting on a bit, but I wouldn't be surprised.

2kings

Wammer
New Wammer
Sep 24, 2011
Surrey
AKA
JKS Teo
Just bagged one EPA500 with 501H wand...this is going to partner the SP10 mk 2 with Varispeed that I recently acquired.

Very excited to see or rather hear what all the fuss is about.

J

nat8808

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 8, 2007
London
AKA
Nat
Odd that the listing doesnt display any more - sometimes listings stay visible in some form for over a year.

Which is the better, the EPA500 or the EPA100? Or just different?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinchitshaw