jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I have an old(ish) Sony flat screen TV (KDL-46W3000), and much older Panasonic LCD Projector PT-AE200E projector in my “Music/Listening room”. Both of which I have owned from new, and have both served me well.

I am thinking of upgrading one or the other, but at the moment I am not sure which way to go. Budget around 1K.

Any views appreciated, especially from anyone who has bought a “budget” projector recently.

tkimages

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 14, 2006
St Helens
AKA
Tillman
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have an old(ish) Sony flat screen TV (KDL-46W3000), and much older Panasonic LCD Projector PT-AE200E projector in my “Music/Listening room”. Both of which I have owned from new, and have both served me well.

I am thinking of upgrading one or the other, but at the moment I am not sure which way to go. Budget around 1K.

Any views appreciated, especially from anyone who has bought a “budget” projector recently.
I thought about this a while back, and decided to go for the TV. You have to factor a good screen into the cost, which reduces the money available for the projector. The tv is more versatile unless you buy a tuner to go with the projector and positioning the projector and it’s associated cabling would have been a nightmare. Settled on a 65” OLED, however with a projector I could have gone up to 100” screen - expensive though.

jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I thought about this a while back, and decided to go for the TV. You have to factor a good screen into the cost, which reduces the money available for the projector. The tv is more versatile unless you buy a tuner to go with the projector and positioning the projector and it’s associated cabling would have been a nightmare. Settled on a 65” OLED, however with a projector I could have gone up to 100” screen - expensive though.
After speaking to a Hifi dealer (Peter Tyson), I decided to bite the bullet and splashed the dosh on a OLED 77 inch 4K TV. It seemed the logical thing to do as SWMBO wasn’t prepared to give up her 75inch TV from the lounge. Needs must 😇.

Reactions: JamieMcC and DomT

The_Krell

Wammer
Sep 13, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After speaking to a Hifi dealer (Peter Tyson), I decided to bite the bullet and splashed the dosh on a OLED 77 inch 4K TV. It seemed the logical thing to do as SWMBO wasn’t prepared to give up her 75inch TV from the lounge. Needs must 😇.
It's a hard life!😉

Reactions: JamieMcC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online