• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Tell me this

Kiang

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2005
Leeds, , United King
Which is the best interconnect and mains cable and speaker cable you have ever used /tested/ demoed.

I am clarifying the word best as sonically the most accurate, uplifting and honest.

Cost ,whether you may ever buy it , looks etc not a criteria.

Simply want to know what is the best out there.

It would help clarify matters if you also mentioned the most expensive you ever tested.

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Chord Chorus

chorLG.jpg

Speaker cable bit harder

bi wired Chord Odyssey

odybiLG.jpg

Single run Kimber 8TC Van damm pro van den huk cs122 or Magnum

new one I am trying Graves

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Best interconnect

Probably Krystal Kables Silver for ic(better than several Chord ones i've used)

Best XLR would be Audioquest Python

Best speaker cable

Chord Odyssey Biwire (although i'd love to try Frank's new cable next year)

G

Bought direct from the states its just shy of $1500:shock:But that is for for a 12ft pair

hologram_biwire_LG.jpg

Acoustic Zen Hologram biwire MKII. And yes of course i bought it.
tease.gif.a6e550ff9c07be38d7cbd4260be35dc9.gif

E

Effem

I'm taking the 5th Amendment and not answering the question on the grounds that I might incriminate myself :lmao:

Kiang

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2005
Leeds, , United King
woody wrote:

the ones supplied by Naim work very very well
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
So well I've never been tempted to try a replacement.

Which is nice.
If it was me - I may not be tempted to buy a replacement but would take the opportunity to try any others that came my way

Bit like a Mclaren f1 car , I know I would never buy one but would not pass the opportunity to drive one. It would not worry me one bit that the Mclaren is better than my day to day car - which obviously does the job for me.
smile.png

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
woody wrote:

the ones supplied by Naim work very very well
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
So well I've never been tempted to try a replacement.

Which is nice.
Quite pleased with mine too, but i have to confess that adamk's chord anthem did make a difference. Might be on my shopping list sometime soon.

In other systems ive got on well with Chord signature, Nordost red dawn, and with chord oddysey speaker cable...

Hawk

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
Valhalla I/C & speaker cable, with Vishnu mains cables.

:minikiev:.

Boxer

gasman

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
Notts, ,
AKA
Brian
Duvet wrote:

These turn up next week
I hope not, these cables couldnt better Bob Connells solid silver Mithril xlr,s,I done the a/b at Zouch Audio, their saleman couldnt believe his ears and the mithrils are only £150, if people want to pay £600more for marketing and packaging its up to them, they say a fool and his money are easily parted, Happy Christmas everybody.
silver_ref_mk2_xlr_LG.jpg

Acoustic zen silver reference. Cost
icon_redface.gif.eb51a1f92a0314cdfc14dd3cb4473da1.gif

G

gasman wrote:

Duvet wrote:
These turn up next week
I hope not, these cables couldnt better Bob Connells solid silver Mithril xlr,s,I done the a/b at Zouch Audio, their saleman couldnt believe his ears and the mithrils are only £150, if people want to pay £600more for marketing and packaging its up to them, they say a fool and his money are easily parted, Happy Christmas everybody.
silver_ref_mk2_xlr_LG.jpg

Acoustic zen silver reference. Cost
icon_redface.gif.eb51a1f92a0314cdfc14dd3cb4473da1.gif
Luckily i never paid that for them but thanks for your positive comments. Like what was the partnering equipment used and what were the power cables and etc etc. Making statements like that must also contain IMHO just out of respect. You really should explain yourself to give us the fuller picture but just flame a way instead. Don't burn the turkey

gasman

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
Notts, ,
AKA
Brian
As i said duvet, it was an a/b, cable for cable , i own the Mithril cables and we started off using the Acoustic Zens, i asked the salesman if i could listen with my own Mithril xlr,s and he said no problem and he was amazed and truthfully the Acoustic Zen silver was no better, incidentelythe equipment used was an Advantage cds1 cd player, playing directly into an Advantage s150 power amp through S/Faber Cremona Auditor speakers, i was auditioning the cd player and we used that power amp as i already had an Advantage a300 power amp at the time, The point i was trying to make was the huge mark up some of these manufacturers makeon their products, leaving their customers disappointed when they find out the truth, glad to hear that you did not pay the list price, Happy Christmas, Gasman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dooryworry