• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

The Exhibitors - Guide to the systems at the show

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You all know I jest. I have nothing really against some good old disco shite stuff, except that it reminds me that I was useless on the dancefloor even before the era of creaking joints and assorted age-related aches and pains.

Anyway, music choices are exactly that. Your choices. I'll probably pack some John Surman to empty the room.
my James Last selection will do that  ...as a personal note....how many people have had the 'I got you babe" by James Last version at their funeral.....my late wife requested it ...so she did....

Kindest regards Julian 

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
my James Last selection will do that  ...as a personal note....how many people have had the 'I got you babe" by James Last version at their funeral.....my late wife requested it ...so she did....

Kindest regards Julian 
Not yet, but I will give it some thought when my time comes!

• Haha
Reactions: bigrod

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I actually attended a humanist funeral recently and instead of the usual uncomfortable mumbling through a hymn we all sang Three Little Birds by Bob Marley. Uplifting and moving, it was an inspired choice.

Brumjam

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 19, 2009
Birmingham
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My system in room 2 will be subtly different to the one shown on the spreadsheet.  Instead of my 4P1L preamp, I’ve shoehorned a First Watt B1 Nutube preamp board into my DDDAC case. So that’s one less box to lug across the car park.

The rest of my system is:

- Massively OTT streamer consisting of a humble Raspberry Pi which I’ve hacked to accommodate three ultra low noise power supplies (5v, 3.3v and 1.8v), into a FifoPi board using a pulsar clock (lifepo4 powered) which feeds my DAC using I2S

- 4-board DDDAC with custom sowter output transformers and separate digital/analog power supplies 

- B1 nutube preamp as mentioned.  Stock components apart from all caps in signal path changed to polypropylene 

- Neurochrome Modulus-86 power amp

- Tannoy Berkeley’s running mainlytannoy crossovers

As ever it will be a dash to the finish....I’m in Stockholm until Thursday and my DAC power supply is current in pieces while I add a supply for the preamp board.  I’ll be brandishing a soldering iron and lots of other kit should anyone need any help over the weekend.

Looking forward to seeing you all again.  Sounds like a packed show.

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
- Tannoy Berkeley’s running mainlytannoy crossovers
I first heard a pair in 1976 I think..I was 18 at the time...

My uncle had the Berkeley's with a quad set up..34/405 ..

Truly sublime at lower levels but could still go loud..heard my first direct to disc sheffield lab recordings on them..I was hooked..

Will pop in and be reminded of my youth..

Kindest regards Julian 

Reactions: Brumjam
G

Graeme C

Hi there - sorry to jump onto this feed. But hoping to get in touch with Deb64 regarding a Sony D6C repair. Many thanks - Graeme 

Last edited:

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hi there - sorry to jump onto this feed. But hoping to get in touch with Deb64 regarding a Sony D6C repair. Many thanks - Graeme
Graeme I’d strongly recommend removing your email address from any open forum. Spammers and particularly scammers use scraping tools to lift these. use the PM system

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kawuschel