• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

The great theoretical razor blade pt. 1

thommo

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 28, 2005
Essex, , United King
Can't remember whether this has been done before, and if it has, well there you go.

But, I saw this somewhere else and thought it might find favour here.

Take a generally acclaimed album, and I mean a real, top of the shop, recognised masterpiece album, and vote for the single track that, in your opinion, is a monstrous carbuncle on the arse of the otherwise downy cheeked album, a carbucle that you will excise.

For the matter of example, using a familiar piece to a lot of people on here,let's start with Grace by Jeff Buckley.

Get rid of one of these then:

1. Mojo Pin

2. Grace

3. Last Goodbye

4. Lilac Wine

5. So Real

6. Hallelujah

7. Lover, You Should've Come Over

8. Corpus Christi Carol

9. Eternal Life

10. Dream Brother

Away you go.

G

ok i've composed myself but i still feel sick to the pit of my stomach but its

9. Eternal Life

and may Jeff have mercy on my soul

thommo

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 28, 2005
Essex, , United King
It's difficult isn't it?

When I saw this before, people were finding it much harder to name the one that they wanted to consign to the neverending void of oblivion than making a teoretically equally tricky choice in saying which was their favourite.

G

Yes hard indeed. I'm comfortable with what i've chosen. I think it a great song but i couldn't chop any of the others.

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
Eternal Life, without a doubt!

IMO, it lets the rest of the album down: sub-grunge nonsense!

Duvet, this is twice in 2 days I've agreed with you in music threads.......however, I will not be buying any Dire Straits, in fact I amsearching out the Anti-Dire Straits to take to Mr Cat's on Sunday as he's threatening comparisons of BIA:grrr:
52_52.gif.e7819fa8e7d4f2f3fde0ccbe63a52c2a.gif
:sick:

Boxer

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
boxer wrote:

Eternal Life, without a doubt!IMO, it lets the rest of the album down: sub-grunge nonsense!

Duvet, this is twice in 2 days I've agreed with you in music threads.......however, I will not be buying any Dire Straits, in fact I amsearching out the Anti-Dire Straits to take to Mr Cat's on Sunday as he's threatening comparisons of BIA:grrr:
:sick:

Boxer
Well I like Eternal Life, it's a nice change of pace from the rest of the album and shows another side to Buckley.

I'll controversial and actually say Hallelujah, simply cos I've heard a recent cover version of it which I think is better.

Damn fine album though.

dck68

Wammer
Wammer
May 11, 2006
East Kent, , United
It is difficult this. I like Eternal Life and where it sits in the context of the whole album. If I was made to choose, I'd go for So Real, but then again I'm not sure if Lilac Wine and Hallelujah would sit quite as well without So Real in between - but there you go.

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I'd drop-kick the whole pile of over-rated schmaltz off a tall building....
biggrin.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kengxx