Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a Cyrus Lyric all-in-one, with Spendor A5r's. Love them to bits. Used mainly for internet radio and streaming from my NAS, with the very occasional CD thrown in, I can't fault the Lyric other than it's not got Spotify Connect. I hardly ever use the Cadance App but when I do it's always worked well for me.

simon g

Senior Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2006
Lincolnshire Coast
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Take a look at the Lindemann MusicBook Source. The Lindemann in house app is good. Integration with Roon is excellent, if you use that (or plan to). The T& A app is poor, in my experience. Streamers live & die by their user interface and stability, imo

Reactions: Amber Audio

Trebor17

Wammer
Mar 2, 2022
Norfolk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
....and funny enough, I currently own a Cyrus 8 amp 😱.
When home- loaned with Arcam and Roksan amps, I much preferred it's lively sound.
People say you soon tire of the Cyrus sound. It's only been 20 years for me so far, so I'll let you know......
I got my first Cyrus, a 6XP amp in May 2010, so 12 years and counting for me!
It’s a great sound!
I added kit as funds allowed over the years.
The 6XP was upgraded to 8XP, then PreDAC, then Pre2DACQX, then as it is now, Pre2DAC QXR!

Reactions: Gray

Trebor17

Wammer
Mar 2, 2022
Norfolk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Take a look at the Lindemann MusicBook Source. The Lindemann in house app is good. Integration with Roon is excellent, if you use that (or plan to). The T& A app is poor, in my experience. Streamers live & die by their user interface and stability, imo
Thank you, I will take a look at the Lindemann MusicBook Source. 👍

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Personal view is do not rush into any change. I just have the feeling it is a sidestep with a different flavour rather than an upgrade.

Warszawa

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 12, 2013
UK
AKA
Joe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cyrus, like many small Hi-fi companies, were out of their depth with their streaming software. Cadence was rubbish, and the units had to be returned to the dealer for firmware updates. A shame as I had a Stream X Signature and it sounded rather nice.

Trebor17

Wammer
Mar 2, 2022
Norfolk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Personal view is do not rush into any change. I just have the feeling it is a sidestep with a different flavour rather than an upgrade.
I’m not one to rush into buying new Hifi kit, change the car, buy a new dishwasher etc. Ask my wife! I research, listen, home demo, then decide.

No point in a sideways move, it has to sound better for me to spend!
The T+A MP 200 mentioned in my earlier posts is already unplugged, boxed up and ready to go back to my dealer…it just didn’t sound as good as my current Cyrus kit!

Reactions: Gray and uzzy

Trebor17

Wammer
Mar 2, 2022
Norfolk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m not one to rush into buying new Hifi kit, change the car, buy a new dishwasher etc. Ask my wife! I research, listen, home demo, then decide.

No point in a sideways move, it has to sound better for me to spend!
The T+A MP 200 mentioned in my earlier posts is already unplugged, boxed up and ready to go back to my dealer…it just didn’t sound as good as my current Cyrus kit!
I went to a dealer today and demo’d the following…

Auralic Aries G1 streamer transport
Sounded similar to my current set with with Cyrus Stream Xa

Auralic Altair G2.1 music streamer and DAC
I was disappointed, some tracks sounded muddled (not clear)

Linn Selekt DSM with Katalyst DAC
This sounded detailed and lots of separation.

NAIM streamers are very hard to come by. The dealer has been waiting several months for a demo model.
Moon Mind 2, similarly, not available!

If I eventually go ahead, I will have the following available to sell or trade in…
Cyrus Pre2DAC QXR with PSXR, Cyrus Stream Xa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles