Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As I type, it’s the first time in three weeks I’ve listened to my system. Partly due to tinnitus and getting jobs done and sorting my car for a track day.
I’d actually lost interest in Hifi due to the tinnitus but it’s finally worn off so I’m having a listen to Deacon Blue and it’s sounding pretty fab into a 25 year old Cyrus amp and my Harbeths.
Long story but waiting for a new amp. The Harbeths sound decent on most amps tbh.
Ok, cheated a bit, I’ve converted the Cyrus 3 to take the PSX-R which really transforms the amp. I’ve also replaced a number of components in the amp.
Amp came broken from @JAD free other than a donation to the Ukraine 🇺🇦 fund. Son is supposed to have it but just as well he hasn’t as I’ve been waiting a while for my replacement 😊

Anyway, time from your system can actually have a benefit and you appreciate it more whatever the cost.

C2344A8E-4AE3-4B1A-8CC8-981B410E15D5.jpeg

John (big)

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 3, 2012
West London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As I type, it’s the first time in three weeks I’ve listened to my system. Partly due to tinnitus and getting jobs done and sorting my car for a track day.
I’d actually lost interest in Hifi due to the tinnitus but it’s finally worn off so I’m having a listen to Deacon Blue and it’s sounding pretty fab into a 25 year old Cyrus amp and my Harbeths.
Long story but waiting for a new amp. The Harbeths sound decent on most amps tbh.
Ok, cheated a bit, I’ve converted the Cyrus 3 to take the PSX-R which really transforms the amp. I’ve also replaced a number of components in the amp.
Amp came broken from @JAD free other than a donation to the Ukraine 🇺🇦 fund. Son is supposed to have it but just as well he hasn’t as I’ve been waiting a while for my replacement 😊

Anyway, time from your system can actually have a benefit and you appreciate it more whatever the cost.

lovely looking system. what car for the track day I'm an elderly petrol-head.

Reactions: Rockchild

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had 6 weeks off. Had problems with Qobuz, got fed up with it all. Had a guest staying as well.

Have tinnitus as well but don't notice that much now unless someone mentions it.

Now back with Tidal but not playing much but then I dont tend to play so much in the summer anyway.

A break can do you good sometimes.

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
time from your system can actually have a benefit and you appreciate it more whatever the cost.
This. Couldn't agree more.

I was in heaven yesterday after over 5 months of nothing except headphones.

I realised just how much I love my music. And also what a phenomenal system I own and how lucky I am to own it.

It ran tingles up my spine yesterday and raised a tear to my eye whilst listening.

Hope your new amp doesn't take too long Jon!

PS - what's the new amp incoming that dethroned the Sugden?

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This. Couldn't agree more.

I was in heaven yesterday after over 5 months of nothing except headphones.

I realised just how much I love my music. And also what a phenomenal system I own and how lucky I am to own it.

It ran tingles up my spine yesterday and raised a tear to my eye whilst listening.

Hope your new amp doesn't take too long Jon!

PS - what's the new amp incoming that dethroned the Sugden?
I’ll reveal all once sorted. Of course I miss the sugden but I needed a bit more grip with the Harbeths. I had several loaners here to try and all dismissed. More money doesn’t always mean better sound 😉

Reactions: maddog_007

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am very different from all of those posting . I could not and have never managed a day without music , for me at least it would just not be possible . Not a view on others just an honest comment of myself and what I need to live. Having suffered now for about three years from tinnitus I need the additions of music to make the issue liveable . Each case is unique and this is what works for me . Using noise cancelling ear buds makes my tinnitus go away but I am not able to use this all day every day . I keep it to going the gym , shopping and waking around town . At home music is playing all the time I am awake and is playing till I go to sleep and then turns itself off . There is no way I could manage or survive a day without music playing even in the lowest form .

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Odd coincidence is that I'm currently listening for the first time in over a week. Similar reasons as well. An ear infection gave me a nasty bit of tinnitus and partial hearing loss in one ear, but I've also been doing some major stuff in the garden and house, so most days it's been work, then work on the house or garden, then work, then shower and bed.

It sounds better now than I can ever recall. Mind you, there's one hell of a review amp in the system at the moment, so it has every right to sound a bit special ;)

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Yon AC/DC would gie me tinnitus anaw mate! 😉

newlash09

Iam deaf at the ears, but way more dumb in between
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Sorry to hear that you are currently suffering from tinnitus sir :(

But happy to know that you have THE music back :)

Iam still 26 weeks away from music, and another 4 weeks before I get to it :D

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I often go several days or even a couple of weeks , when work and other life schedules take up my time ..
It’s always great to put on the first record after a couple of weeks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles