• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Tonbridge Audiojumble 29 May

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Never been but up for going this time around. Any Wammers in attendance or with stalls?

Can purchases be paid for with a card or is it generally cash only?

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There will be at least 4 Wammers with stalls including myself, as always wearing my black WAM polo shirt, on table 13 just inside the main entrance, Beobloke - Adam, who is to the left of my stall as you look from the entrance, Toprepairman -Henry, usually along the back wall, Non-Smoking man - Jack not sure where his stall is and other members have stalls but I don't know the details. Orbscure, Monitor Gold 10 and Speedracer have told me they will be there and no doubt up for a chat and a cup of tea, Audiojumble is always a great social event. In addition to our members there are usually at least 7 or 8 well known journalists from the printed monthly magazines present who are usually very approachable and friendly.

Diverse Vinyl, new and very good quality second hand LPs, have card payment facilities but the vast majority of stalls are cash only, Sainsburys next door to the Angel Centre has cash machines just in case you run out.

Look forward to seeing you there Richard, even if you don't buy anything it is always a great day out.

Reactions: karma67 and lostwin

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm on table 36 - vinyl records on top, kit underneath.

Should be good fun and hopefully the weather will be OK. (This Fair has had a troubled history with the weather - wind and rain; one year there were trees down and another there was flooding..)

Good fair to spot Audiophile cogniscenti..

Jack

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well, apart from the browse / social I was expecting, looks like I also have a clear objective. A work colleague approached me for help in putting a vinyl based system together with a budget around £500 including floor standing speakers. With an older Rega or similar, Japanese or British amp with phono from '90's plus whatever I can spot speaker wise, I reckon it's doable. Let me know if you might have anything suitable if you have a stall.

See you on Sunday (y)

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well, apart from the browse / social I was expecting, looks like I also have a clear objective. A work colleague approached me for help in putting a vinyl based system together with a budget around £500 including floor standing speakers. With an older Rega or similar, Japanese or British amp with phono from '90's plus whatever I can spot speaker wise, I reckon it's doable. Let me know if you might have anything suitable if you have a stall.

See you on Sunday (y)
There'll be a Cambridge Audio A1 MkIII SE and a pair of KEF Reference 1.2s on my stall...

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No, afraid not. They’re both being sold on behalf of other people (2 different people!).

I would say that the speakers deserve better than the (admittedly very good) A1.

graham67

Wammer
Wammer
May 19, 2010
I will be there so look forward to catching up with some familiar faces !

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a Pioneer PL512X complete with Shure M75ED and either a Rogers A100 or Leak Stereo 30Plus integrateds.
I will be there so look forward to catching up with some familiar faces !
Look forward to seeing you Graham.

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Right, last minute technical hiccups resolved and car loaded.

I need a beer…

orbscure

My God, its full of stars...
Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Be good to see you Graham… but will miss seeing Joolz/Julian 🥺
41571D1C-54BF-4315-9062-910FD73D809D.jpeg
Anyway, it’s up and running… and far too much temptation!

Reactions: Non-Smoking Man

johns

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 29, 2016
Maidstone kent
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nice to meet a couple of fellow warmers today (wizmax and Beobloke) enjoyed talking to you maybe see at a bake off in the future.

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Another great day and it’s good to be back after far too long a gap! Great to see all the usual suspects and I had a superb sale, and only fell prey to one turntable that Jack lured me into, and a pair of B&O active speakers! There was another turntable that was calling my name, but my so-called ’friend’ swooped in before me - rotten sod!!

The only disappointment of the day was finding out the next jumble is the same day as the Wam Show, so I’ve had to drop out of exhibiting there. Gutted.

graham67

Wammer
Wammer
May 19, 2010
Good fun day, but the best part was catching up with Wammers i haven't seen for quite a while now. Though I seem to somehow missed Henry (maybe he wasn't wearing his Where's Wally jumper!)

The attendance was excellent and seemed to still be going strong when I left about 1pm. It was the usual mix of bargains , some overpriced tat and everything in between!

I think our own Richard ( Lostwin) got some of the bargains, assembling a great TT based system for a mate, which I'm sure he will report on.

Record prices have certainly gone up and not so many bargains compared to the Guildford record fair I did yesterday. Of course they have also risen but there are still decent records to be found in the £3-£5 range, including from our own Jack (Non smoking man).

if you've never been, put it on your calender for next year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdak02