• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Top Gear

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Less than an hour to go:eek:j:
yahoo.gif.427f12e83b189951e0b3a226f4b02209.gif
:eek:j:
yahoo.gif.427f12e83b189951e0b3a226f4b02209.gif
:eek:j:

normailty is restored.

stickman

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 17, 2006
Manchester
AKA
Phil
I caught the last ten minutes and agree that the Hamster looked both drawn and quite reserved.

When Clarkson said "'cos I'm a better driver than you.", the Hamster responded with "Whatever." which is not the normal way he would respond.

It reminds of a very close friend of mine, who on motorbike, hit a car side-on at 50 mph. Twenty years later and he's still not the person I grew up with, still mentally slower than he used to be.

A

Alex A

Oh damn blast! I missed it, when's it repeated? Or is there somewhere i can watch it online?

A

Alex A

HoopsOnToast wrote:

repeated wednesday at 7PM on BBC2
Aha. Just checked and we had it recorded on Sky+
biggrin.png

I think Hammond looked OK. Exactly as you'd expect someone who had been in hospital and recovery for 6 months. A bit thinner, a bit more 'worn', but overall all I'd say is that he had a bit of energy lacking, which I'm sure could return through the series. They used the show to kind of get the crash et al out of the way for good, so they could move on. I think that's probably what he needed.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
huge respec for the hamster, but the rest of top gear was total bolloks...sorry chaps, but it has IMO become so little to do with cars and so much a showcase for Clarksons wearily predictable persona that I watched it through and then thought...NOPE. Sorry...jst BORING...big brother is actually more intersting than this...at least it can occasionally be nearly unpredictable:X

thrunobulax

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 3, 2006
derby, , United King
rockmeister wrote:

huge respec for the hamster, but the rest of top gear was total bolloks...sorry chaps, but it has IMO become so little to do with cars and so much a showcase for Clarksons wearily predictable persona that I watched it through and then thought...NOPE. Sorry...jst BORING...big brother is actually more intersting than this...at least it can occasionally be nearly unpredictable:X
Totally agree, Hammonds been Clarksons "stooge" long enough, i used to like Clarksons kind of humour, but his ego is getting a bit inflated, and whats all that rubber burning about.

A sky news report just branded him iresponsible, i believe they are right.

B

batman

agree that some items on this prog are bollox what was that all about laying fucking tarmac ... that was so set up and bollox it annoyed me ...

Sheva

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 4, 2006
Chiavenna
AKA
Sheva
batman wrote:

agree that some items on this prog are bollox what was that all about laying fucking tarmac ... that was so set up and bollox it annoyed me ...
agreed, i remember in the last series when they burnt the caravan, and caused mayhem at the campsite, obviously all set up. Running out of ideas.

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
United Kingdom
So now the owner of the drag car has blamed Hammond for reacting quickly enough and said he could avoided the crash. He drove the final run with a puncture or something. What sincerity.