Top spike and bolt for Epos ES14 stands - alternatives?

abjack1

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 25, 2013
Sheffield
Hi all,

I've recently acquired a pair of Epos ES14's with original speaker stands (lucky me).

But, one of the top spikes / bolts is missing from one of the stands, which means that it's not secured to the rest of the frame on that corner.

Can anyone suggest an alternative -- at least in terms of a bolt of the right size, that I can put blu-tac on? I'm not sure of the diameter & length required.

If anyone happens to have an original going spare, then I'd be interested in buying one.

Andy

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@abjack1 if you put a photo up + measure the dia & length of one of the spike/bolts you have. Then I or another member may have a spare to send you or a link to a source of replacements.

Without a picture I am guessing it will be a standard M6 x 10mm or 12mm, in which case I have spares here in my come in handy box. 

Reactions: bencat

abjack1

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 25, 2013
Sheffield
Cheers -- I'll get hold of an allen key tomorrow to unbolt one of the existing ones for a proper description .. they're screwed down hard .. hex bolts, 10mm across the flat sides.

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If it's like the photo above, I'd personally remove all of the spikes and use white or blu-tack instead...

Lurch

Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheers -- I'll get hold of an allen key tomorrow to unbolt one of the existing ones for a proper description .. they're screwed down hard .. hex bolts, 10mm across the flat sides.
10mm across the flats = M6 threaded spike. I have 9 of them in my spares box if they're as above photo. If so PM me your address and I will get 1 sent to you FOC. 

CnoEvil

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When I had Hebrook HB1 Stands, which had spikes in counter sunk threads - As I didn't want to sit my speakers on spikes, I got bolts with Allen Key heads and replaced the spikes with them. Due to the counter sunk holes, the top was totally flat.

This may or may not help, as the stands were a little different.

abjack1

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 25, 2013
Sheffield
Interesting, thanks! Just to complete the picture, I've managed to undo one of the existing ones -- lines on the page are 7mm apart.

epos screw.jpg

CnoEvil

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Interesting, thanks! Just to complete the picture, I've managed to undo one of the existing ones -- lines on the page are 7mm apart.

51YeqJb5bpL._AC_.jpg
That looks like the counter sunk spikes that I had. If you bring it to a hardware store, they will match the threads with counter sunk bolts that will screw flush into the top of the stand.

Lurch

Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
He should be sorted in a day or 2 once the postie has been. I've sent him a regular short top spike and chopped the heads of a couple of M6 bolts and coned the cut ends on my bench grinder. Have also included 2 full & a 1/2 nut so should be able to make something suitable up.

Leak TL-1.JPG  

CnoEvil

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I hope you get sorted with @Lurch's kind offer.

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about.

s-l300.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles