Tribute bands.

Signs

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Mar 14, 2019
really don't like tribute bands . seen a few ,Australian Floyd last year , a Italian Rush and Fred Zeppelin , don't get me wrong i appreciate the skill , buts its just like "stars in their eyes" to me.

one tribute band i saw was selling copies of "their" album !!!! hows that work ? lol 

Stargazer

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 16, 2015
Devon
AKA
Victor
I saw TRexasy and the lead singer Danielz has made an art of copying Marc Bolans mannerisms and singing.  He is devoted to his craft and yet he is humble to Marc Bolan existence and makes a point of thanking Marc Bolan at the end of the show.  I have been a roadie for T.Rex  for one evening and have watched Marc perform and can confirm how close Danielz act comes to the real lead artist even though he never met Marc.  There is one change to the original Trex in that Trexasy use an extra Rhythm guitarist, I think that is a clever move as it lets Danielz to concentrate more on his act (he is also a capable guitarist) and gives a band a more fuller sound.

• Upvote
Reactions: Tarzan and Gizza

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Seen one The Musical Box on their Trick of the Tail tour .
I saw The Musical Box last year in Vancouver, and they were superb, and highly entertaining.

They played Genesis, note for note.

At one point, while The Musical Box were playing live,  I forgot the name of the song they were playing, and decided to use Sound Hound, and app on my phone to identify music. Sound Hound had no problem identifying the name of the song and band

Von Krolock

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 30, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Will never forget the 'Great Gig in the Sky' performed by the Aussie Pink Floyd and their wonderful singer. Clare Torry set the bar very high indeed for this.

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have seen loads of tribute bands and I generally find them to be a bit of a mixed bag. IMV talented musicians can replicate almost exactly the sound of their favourite guitarist, say but the singer is often the member of the band that can't quite hit the notes.

However, one band that ticks all the boxes is Boot Led Zeppelin. The sound and the look is absolutely spot on. They faithfully reproduce every note, close your eyes and its Madison Square Gardens 1973. 

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles