Linn Owners

Tweaking Your Linn System For Higher Performance, Part 4, Acoustic Room Treatment

Fazioli

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2010
Nottingham
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I couldn't resist, and this weekend borrowed some Vicoustic Super Bass Extreme Bass traps from one of the local HiFi dealers, to try out in my Linn system.

I already have Primacoustic bass traps in 2 corners of the room, diffusion panels on the rear wall, and some absorption panels , so was not expecting any great gains in sound quality.

In fact, I thought I might over dampen the room with additional room acoustic treatment, but that was not the case at all.

I was able to get dramatic improvements in sound quality, both in stereo and surround 5.1

2021-01-15 14_31_40-Akubarik Exakt - LinnDocs – Opera.jpg

I am awe struck at the dramatic improvement in sound quality, and found a whole new level of musical enjoyment.

The big down side is that I have to place the bass traps up against the door, to the left of my left speaker, which really restricts the access to that room.

I have to return the bass traps this morning to the dealer.

Here we go again.

Suggestions?
Down-side? If it keeps people out of the listening room during a session I call it a win-win situation!

Reactions: Paulssurround

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
1*QVCRxfsQwXHIlBlRDxIrLg.png
Thanks for scaring me away from the black monolith.  😂

I just installed the new Vicoustic extreme bass traps in my listening room today.

They don’t have the imposing look that the demo bass traps have, but they sound much much better in the front right corner 

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jail4CEOs2

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
AKA
LG G2 65 OLED
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
So just two in one corner? I thought they had to be in pairs for balance?

Last edited by a moderator:

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So just two in one corner? I thought they had to be in pairs for balance?
So far I have only bought the one pair of Vicoustic Extreme Bass Traps as they are quite expensive. So I thought I would try just the one pair first.

However, it seems that the one pair is doing the job.

My room is tricky, as I don’t have a front left corner to place another set of bass traps, as there is a door there.

I do have another manufacturer’s bass trap (Primacoustic London bass trap) in my right rear corner that targets 100-200 Hz by adsorption.

I now have an extra Primacoutic panel to experiment with, and may play around with SO.

However, to my ears it sounds well dialed in, however it is the early stages of installation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles