Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I run a hardwired local network using a laptop as the "NAS" and as a control point.  No conflict with anyone else, but then again no Tidal / Qobuz either.
I use an android tablet as the controller, I'm not sure that can be used hard wired.

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ok I'm going play Devils advocate here. Yes systems were too loud . Yes most brought speakers far too big . Yes my favourite sound was the smallest speakers in the show  but I have moved not through choice three times in the last four years and I have fair sized speakers . Fine tuning them in a room can take weeks even months . Dealers / trade and distributors get given the emperors new clothes on a Friday afternoon and make this sound fab Saturday morning . Any of you want to take that challenge on . Before you say we  have done this for the wam show its kit you are familiar with and a venue you know . I remember the first Kegworth and new venue and everyone bricking its then breathing a collective sigh of relief and you realised great 60's hotel and no stud partitioning . 

Last edited by a moderator:

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ok I'm going play Devils advocate here. Yes systems were too loud . Yes most brought speakers far too big . Yes my favourite sound was the smallest speakers in the show  but I have moved not through choice three times in the last four years and I have fair sized speakers . Fine tuning them in a room can take weeks even months . Dealers / trade and distributors get given the emperors new clothes on a Friday afternoon and make this sound fab Saturday morning . Any of you want to take that challenge on . Before you say we  have done this for the wam show its kit you are familiar with and a venue you know . I remember the first Kegworth and new venue and everyone bricking its then breathing a collective sigh of relief and you realised great 60's hotel and no stud partitioning . 
Still reckon I could ave made a better sound using their equipment than some of the rooms . But you are right it can be harder than many including myself suggest plus they have not been able to practice at other shows for a while. No excuse for some of the crap music .

Last edited by a moderator:

Spen ago

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 23, 2012
Warwickshire
AKA
Spencer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One of the rooms a sat in for a while, enjoying the music and chatting to the talented speaker maker. My other highlight was trialing the Dan Clark Audio Stealth headphones in the Hifonix room, terrific sound made even better by being able to listen to my own music😊

B7D8C157-B2A3-4379-8669-C6407F4AEE74.jpeg

A24E1AA3-CF2A-4D6C-BC53-3A97D4393867.jpeg

1F7F21A3-5A3E-4A75-8D49-44E3D44A98B4.jpeg

6A90C8A8-CA48-4607-A445-C6B67C231F40.jpeg

Reactions: eddie-baby

TECUMSEH VALLEY

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 17, 2010
NORFOLK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for taking the time to post this review  which is very useful for those, like me , who were unable to attend this event.  

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles