Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Had a friend over to listen to music. He is a Rush fan and brought over his copy of Moving Pictures on LP. He doesn't have a turntable.

While we were enjoying the music, he said "It's so easy to follow the bass line."

That's about as good an assessment of my system that I would ever want to hear.
:)

Reactions: Moomintroll

Jail4CEOs2

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
AKA
LG G2 65 OLED
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
And this gets to the heat of the meat of that other "I turn SPACE off thread". Most of us love our systems because of their ability to showcase the minutia of all instruments/performances in the tune in a balanced and neutral way. Every upgrade I've added has brought more insight to what is happening to everything, but especially the bass. I really do think that turning SPACE off means the plucked bass string being reproduced is slightly less lifelike. I think I can still follow any instrument as well as I could with just a Classik and passive Katans, but the believability, the lifelikeness, the leading edge, the clarity, the impact, the soundstage and placement therein have all risen.

But what TF do I know?

Last edited:

Make it SO

Make it SO
Wammer
Nov 9, 2018
North Devon
AKA
Jean-Luc
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I really do think that turning SPACE off means the plucked bass string being reproduced is slightly less lifelike. I think I can still follow any instrument as well as I could with just a Classik and passive Katans, but the believability, the lifelikeness, the leading edge, the clarity, the impact, the soundstage and placement therein have all risen.
If using SO really does help you enjoy your music more, that's great.

The only caveat I would mention though is that TuneDem is more about trying to follow or even sing along to the ‘main tune’ in the music? You can then look at individual instruments and see if you can hear them all, playing all of the time.

I think there’s a risk in tweaking systems so you can hear a bass line more clearly, whether you use SO or other means such as isolation devices, because it can sometimes come at the expense of the overall tune.

Reactions: akamatsu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles