Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yep, transferring my mindset back to upgrading analogue kit, particular arms & carts reset my expectations. As for the Jade on eBay, I decided it was too much of a faff to get it re-done by David Giffen. Also digital is a far bigger part of my listening these days, mainly due to idleness and just putting RP on to wile away the day. CD and especially vinyl tend to be reserved for when I'm in the mood to concentrate/focus.
Dealer turned up with it around 4pm, and it sounds better than it did in his dem room, very, very happy with the result.
So is this a home demo or did you buy it?

nomore landings

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 27, 2018
Dawson's Field
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Thanks Lurch, great informative write up. Pulse yet to arrive, but based on your findings I'm a lot more confident that it will be a worthwhile improvement vs the Node. I probably won't faff with A/B comparisons and look forward to getting to grips with the Sense App. Having RP natively was a major plus as bought the Node for that capability.

Reactions: Lurch and DomT

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Lurch, great informative write up. Pulse yet to arrive, but based on your findings I'm a lot more confident that it will be a worthwhile improvement vs the Node. I probably won't faff with A/B comparisons and look forward to getting to grips with the Sense App. Having RP natively was a major plus as bought the Node for that capability.
App is great. I'm already pretty comfortable with it after 6yrs of BluOS, minor differences in task pathways to learn, but other than that it's very slick. Finds NAS easily, then combines rips and Qobuz/Tidal albums into 1 library. Then gives you 3 options (All, Libary, streaming service) for album, artist or track search, I'm guessing it's got Roon like convenience.
RP keeps the skip function and artist/track is directly searchable via library/streaming service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles