Threads:
Photos:

Latest posts

Linn Owners

Vicoustic Bass traps and SO2

Kenilworth

Wammer
Oct 8, 2018
I have a question for Paul and others who use Vicoustic bass traps in a corner behind a  speaker: Did you change the description of the corner in S02 from (A) in the picture below to something like (B), and if so what material, and what level of absorption, did you specify for the bass trap? Thank you for your help! 

2986D080-FB70-4218-B795-B2AA1A26C401.jpeg

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Good question Kenilworth

I have entered my corners into SO2 as 90 degree corners, as per your selection “A”

My Vicoustic bass traps cover less than 50% of each corner, and are actually hollow boxes, with some absorption material inside. They don’t act as a solid wall, so I never considered them to be part of the building materials, and part of the wall structure.

‘I have found the Vicoustic Extreme Bass Traps to be extremely helpful for mitigating bass issues in my room and they complement SO2 well for my setup

Here is my setup with the Vicoustic Extreme Bass Traps

9586E4B5-8A03-43A9-8627-0243BE2EB5F4.jpeg

ACB28A06-7631-4A48-8893-5E78FC8922AB.jpeg

Kenilworth

Wammer
Oct 8, 2018
Thank you for your reply Paul. Following your recommendation, I got Vicoustic bass traps some months ago. They really helped with a problematic corner. I left the corner as a 90° corner in SO2; I was wondering if you (or others) had found a way of getting even more out of them via SO2. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Paulssurround

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thank you for your reply Paul. Following your recommendation, I got Vicoustic bass traps some months ago. They really helped with a problematic corner. I left the corner as a 90° corner in SO2; I was wondering if you (or others) had found a way of getting even more out of them via SO2. Thanks again.
I first installed a single Vicoustic Extreme Bass trap in the front right and rear right corner of my room, and got good results. The improvements in sound quality became much more apparent when I installed an additional pair of Vicoustic Extreme Bass traps, so I had 2 bass traps in those corners, which brought much better quality bass to my system.

‘Vicoustic Extreme Bass traps are designed to facilitate bass in the 75-100 Hz range, which is just above the 15-80 Hz range that SOv2 targets. Therefore, I find they are synergistic together. 

When I installed Vicoustic Extreme Bass traps in my system, I did not feel the need adjust SOv2 at all, to compensate for the bass traps