Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2020
Gloucestershire
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For LP transfers I would normally run declick on the entire file. If elements has the same functions as RX then there will be various options regarding strength etc. Best to not over push otherwise you may get artefacts. If there are very bad clicks then it may be necessary to use other stuff that may not be available in elements. I do not have any experience with elements to know what you have. The advanced version of RX has additional functions for declick but I believe the basic declick is the same and should do the job for you.

What I find with the basic declicker in isolation is that it will clean up minor clicks very well so a run on the whole file works well. In some cases bad clicks will convert to a dull thump and these can be annoying to eliminate. The visual display of the information in iZotope is excellent so very easy to zoom in to see what is going on.
I’ve just run the program for the very first time. Imported just one track from vinyl and started playing with click repair. So very true what you say about options for setting the different parameters - sensitivity, etc. I ran de-click on a 30 sec length of music and I was shocked to see just how many ‘clicks” the SW identified. I really must get to grips with what all the different sliders and options do before running de-click for real.

DougK

DougK
Wammer
Aug 6, 2018
Witham
AKA
Doug
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Think I'm gonna look into one of Zerostat thingamajigs. Cheers Lurch  :^  

DougK

DougK
Wammer
Aug 6, 2018
Witham
AKA
Doug
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
looks like my Rega only outputs 16 bit over the USB connection, so pointless in me continuing with 24 bit recording in Audacity. Not only will this save space, but I’m assuming it’ll also speed things up when applying noise reductions and other effects.
A few years ago I bought a Korg DS-DAC-10R for the purpose of digitising my small LP collection, it has associated software with the ability to record in DSD and downsample to 16bit if required. It is an extremely good piece of kit, however, I found all this digitising a bit of a faff so I've decided to leave it as retirement project  :)  

Reactions: Cool Dude Ted

DougK

DougK
Wammer
Aug 6, 2018
Witham
AKA
Doug
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve just run the program for the very first time. Imported just one track from vinyl and started playing with click repair. So very true what you say about options for setting the different parameters - sensitivity, etc. I ran de-click on a 30 sec length of music and I was shocked to see just how many ‘clicks” the SW identified. I really must get to grips with what all the different sliders and options do before running de-click for real.
It is very surprising how much these programs find, I remember being astounded by how many ClickRepair found...

Very interested in what you're doing Stuart so please report back with your findings...I've also looked at purchasing Izotope in the past too, but never did.

P.S. I've sent you a PM. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Cool Dude Ted

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2020
Gloucestershire
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It is very surprising how much these programs find, I remember being astounded by how many ClickRepair found...

Very interested in what you're doing Stuart so please report back with your findings...I've also looked at purchasing Izotope in the past too, but never did.

P.S. I've sent you a PM. 
hi Doug

I have replied to your PM.

no problem in reporting back on my findings. In the short time that I’ve been a member of the WAM, I’ve had so much help and it would be good to give something back.

Regards

Stuart

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.