Wammer
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Tomorrow @ 10.00am
I will embark (with my daughter), on my third visit to the factory!.

Must be ten years since I last made this trip.

Any other Wammers joining the merry bunch tomorrow?.

Iain Pirie who I have known since his Stereo Stereo days in Glssgow will be chaperoning us.

No doubt the new additions to the LP12 stable will be shown, including interesting arms/carts .

No doubt you will hear from us on our latest venture to the big blue house.

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well my daughter and me had a most pleasant visit to Linn HQ today.
Gordon Inch showed us all round their production process ,from bare metal to finished product.
Must be 10 years since my last visit and there have been significant changes in the manufacturing process.
They have made some serious investments in up to date machinery ,with some real fancy 5 point cnc machinery.
We were shown production examples of the Krane tonearm and Ekstatic cart and met the young man who designed their new tonearm.

Our party was mainly from Central Scotland,with a couple from over the border!.

We were not rushed thru' and all questions were welcome and thoroughly explained.

Linn Products brings highly skilled jobs to this area,so they are a well regarded and valued employer.

A wee bite to eat was provided before a visit to Linn's house setup.

Various rooms audio scenarios are laid out with stages of equipment suitable to each environment.

We had two great examples of a Klimax 350 setupa,one fully active with NGKDSM /H and the final Klimax 350 /NGDSMH with 8 Klimax Solos and two Klimax Exakt /Organic providing an awesome level of control and musicality....a Highland Park limited edition LP12 via Exakt was the piece de resistance!.

Living locally to Linn we all take their prescence for granted,I pass them at least once a day ....it's great to have a World Class audio manufacturing company here outside Glasgow.

IF you get the chance to get a factory tour I highly recommend a visit,you will be made most welcome by all at Linn.

Last edited:

Chris 1970

Love colors in music
Wammer Plus
Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well my daughter and me had a most pleasant visit to Linn HQ today.
Gordon Inch showed us all round their production process ,from bare metal to finished product.
Must be 10 years since my last visit and there have been significant changes in the manufacturing process.
They have made some serious investments in up to date machinery ,with some real fancy 5 point cnc machinery.
We were shown production examples of the Krane tonearm and Ekstatic cart and met the young man who designed their new tonearm.

Our party was mainly from Central Scotland,with a couple from over the border!.

We were not rushed thru' and all questions were welcome and thoroughly explained.

Linn Products brings highly skilled jobs to this area,so they are a well regarded and valued employer.

A wee bite to eat was provided before a visit to Linn's house setup.

Various rooms audio scenarios are laid out with stages of equipment suitable to each environment.

We had two great examples of a Klimax 350 setupa,one fully active with NGKDSM /H and the final Klimax 350 /NGDSMH with 8 Klimax Solos and two Klimax Exakt /Organic providing an awesome level of control and musicality....a Highland Park limited edition LP12 via Exakt was the piece de resistance!.

Living locally to Linn we all take their prescence for granted,I pass them at least once a day ....it's great to have a World Class audio manufacturing company here outside Glasgow.

IF you get the chance to get a factory tour I highly recommend a visit,you will be made most welcome by all at Linn.
I would love to visit the Linn factory, meet the employees, hear the machines, systems in demo…

What is the correct way to visit?
An appointment or inscription is needed?

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would love to visit the Linn factory, meet the employees, hear the machines, systems in demo…

What is the correct way to visit?
An appointment or inscription is needed?
Just contact the factory, Chris, and arrange a date.

’troll

• Thanks
Reactions: Chris 1970

Chris 1970

Love colors in music
Wammer Plus
Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just contact the factory, Chris, and arrange a date.

’troll
Thanks Troll :)

With my bad English on the phone, it could be difficult for the Linn employee to understand what I'm trying to say…
But it's very tempting, if you think they are open to this kind of request!

Moomintroll

Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
  • Thanks
Reactions: Chris 1970

Chris 1970

Love colors in music
Wammer Plus
Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Reactions: Moomintroll

Moomintroll

Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Was it already at its current location in that time?
Still in Drakemire Drive IIRC. I’m pretty sure my first visit there was in 1984.

’troll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles