Vitus Audio

unclepuncle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2007
Northants
Couldn't see a Vitus owners club so thought I'd better start one. :)

It's the SS-010 MK2, which was the cheapest entry into the Vitus signature series - a 25w Class A/AB power amp with a built in volume control.

I was originally just meant to be selling it on for a friend of a friend but it was pretty much love at first sight - the build quality and attention to detail are incredible, as is the weight.

Having spent a week and a half getting used to it's sound - it's no neutral and well balanced that it really has no sound of it's own which is a bit hard to get a handle on at first - I agreed a deal with the owner and it is now bought and paid for. I've even sorted out a nice remote for it too. :^

unclepuncle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2007
Northants
Yes - I was originally selling it for a 'friend of a friend' but was so impressed I did a deal with him.

I can't really afford it so might have to sell it eventually, though I'm not in any rush hence not listing it anywhere else (you can't delete adverts on hifi-forsale which is why it's still on there) - I have a guy who saw that ad and wants to buy it but he has to sell his MBL integrated first, so I won't hold my breath.

unclepuncle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2007
Northants
It sounds superb even in the Class A/B mode and it takes an hour or so before the Class A mode really starts to open up so I only switch it into Class A if I'm going to be able to have a really long session.

poly

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 27, 2011
Essex
AKA
Stillpoints ESS rack
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
At last a Vitus owners thread YUM YUM !

What cables are you using with the Vitus Paul ?

unclepuncle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2007
Northants
At last a Vitus owners thread YUM YUM !What cables are you using with the Vitus Paul ?
Just some old Van Den Hul stuff (First Ultimate interconnect and Inspiration speaker cable) that I have used for ages.

poly

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 27, 2011
Essex
AKA
Stillpoints ESS rack
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Silver is the best colour for Vitus IMHO

I found those Stillpoint things made quite a bit of difference when I was auditioning the Vitus range recently.

unclepuncle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2007
Northants
I have only seen photo's of one in black but have to say I thought it looked even sexier than the pale gold/silver.

poly

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 27, 2011
Essex
AKA
Stillpoints ESS rack
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'd be interested to hear what experience/ recommendations other owners may have had in the selection of good cable synergy with their Vitus components ?

Any experienced owners ?

manicatel

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 12, 2009
Herts/Essex border
AKA
matt
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not an owner (I wish!) but I heard some VA gear sounding seriously good & using TelluriumQ cables, high up the range stuff. Along with some Entreq stuff plumbed in as well. Not convinced exactly what was making it sound so good, ie whether the TQ stuff &/or the Entreq stuff is brilliant or just foo, but as a whole, it was bloomin yum.

Matt.

68rednose

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 11, 2013
Mainland Europe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'd be interested to hear what experience/ recommendations other owners may have had in the selection of good cable synergy with their Vitus components ?Any experienced owners ?
Vitus have their own cable series called Andromeda.

IIRC that is what they used in Munich.

poly

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 27, 2011
Essex
AKA
Stillpoints ESS rack
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes those brands are what KOG the UK distributor for Vitus have on their stock list so maybe a tried and tested combination.

I wonder what speakers go with Vitus, I see KOG promote the Avalon and Estelon ranges but it would be interesting to know of other owners experiences ?

I think I read some ware that Vitus amps work best with speakers without ceramic drivers but I might have this wrong ?

unclepuncle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2007
Northants
Well the MBL guy and his wife came for a demo yesterday and have left a deposit so it looks like I will be getting black balled from the Vitus owners club any day now. :(

Oh well at least I lived the dream for a short while. Would certainly highly recommend it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.