Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It would be great to get a few more 'youngsters' - i.e. under 50(!) - to complete if you are out there. Firstly to know that there is a new generation coming through and secondly, this age range won't have such a legacy of growing up with vinyl. so does this impact the source choices they use? 

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LYB6256

Last edited by a moderator:

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The resulting data will reflect those who chose to complete the survey, it won't be representative of this forum as a whole, and you cannot remove unintentional biases or accurately describe the people completing it. 

But it's not a 'somewhat agree' type survey, which I hate. It's a well constructed, albeit short snapshot that doesn't attract fatigue.

MotherSky

The stone that killed two birds
Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It would be great to get a few more 'youngsters' - i.e. under 50(!) - to complete if you are out there. Firstly to know that there is a new generation coming through and secondly, this age range won't have such a legacy of growing up with vinyl. so does this impact the source choices they use? 

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LYB6256
I was 40 when I joined the forum, does that count?  :)

Reactions: DomT

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The resulting data will reflect those who chose to complete the survey, it won't be representative of this forum as a whole, and you cannot remove unintentional biases or accurately describe the people completing it. 

But it's not a 'somewhat agree' type survey, which I hate. It's a well constructed, albeit short snapshot that doesn't attract fatigue.
Yes, good points and I will emphasise this when presenting the results.  Hopefully, with 200 plus responses we will have increased the chances of capturing a representative cross section of the community

Reactions: TIU

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A large Thank you to @lostwinon being prepared to both make the effort and do the work and then take the brave step of leaving things to Wammer Nation . This could have been a very damp squib and had few prepared to join in . Instead we have a very decent number of completions and perhaps some interesting results .

• Upvote
Reactions: bobovox and lazycat

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A large Thank you to @lostwinon being prepared to both make the effort and do the work and then take the brave step of leaving things to Wammer Nation . This could have been a very damp squib and had few prepared to join in . Instead we have a very decent number of completions and perhaps some interesting results .
aw shucks 😊, couldn't have done without the support from you guys - and (without giving too much away) gurl !

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks again to all who responded.  The Census has now been closed and the results are being counted - all 215 of them.

Look out for the series of threads for discussion about what it all means.

• Upvote
Reactions: tuga and MartinC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles