Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
An ongoing thank you to all those who have taken time to complete.  We now have 178 responses, so the 200 minimum I was (perhaps optimistically) aiming for, is in sight.

Based on those confirming completion on this thread, it is great to see forum users both familiar and less so participating.  As the only pre-requisite being your interest in HiFi, everyone is welcome - be they regular contributor to only occasional visitor of the Forum.

Still time to get your response in, it only takes a few minutes!

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LYB6256

Reactions: bencat

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Come on you Lurkers he is talking to you , it okay just to read and stay in the background no one is judging you . Lets at least get to the 200 mark which for a forum like this and argumentative nature of its members is a bloody good result.

Respect to any that could not see the point but completed it any way . As has been said lots of us get great worth from this forum and have done over long periods . Hopefully some of the information can help the forum to become better and grow .

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I did it ages ago but didn’t announce it. Do I qualify as a lurker?
I can’t say I like the term, it seems to have devious undertones. However, you only have to look at the number of views vs number of responses on many of the topics to realise that there is a significant audience that take great interest in the forum but prefer not to post. It’s part of what makes the forum what it is.

Personally, I devoured the forum contents for about a year before I even registered. It’s a fantastic way of getting advice and opinions and gradually, as your own experience grows, you feel emboldened enough to give one or two of your own. In a way it is the essential lifecycle of any forum.

It’s also why I have been so keen to capture these voices in the survey as well, in order that it truly reflects the community that is out there.

Reactions: lazycat and monya

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
NIce idea Richard:

May I ask: what do you intend to do with the data collected...?

SP
Thanks. The data will solely be used for the purpose of discussion on this forum. 

I tried to choose questions that could be interlinked, so hopefully we will be able to draw out some findings filtered say by age range or source type to see if there are any notable trends.
Stay tuned!

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can’t say I like the term, it seems to have devious undertones. However, you only have to look at the number of views vs number of responses on many of the topics to realise that there is a significant audience that take great interest in the forum but prefer not to post. It’s part of what makes the forum what it is.

Personally, I devoured the forum contents for about a year before I even registered. It’s a fantastic way of getting advice and opinions and gradually, as your own experience grows, you feel emboldened enough to give one or two of your own. In a way it is the essential lifecycle of any forum.

It’s also why I have been so keen to capture these voices in the survey as well, in order that it truly reflects the community that is out there.
It applies to life in general - are you a lurker or a poster? Freud would have a field day.

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
:testy1:  we have 200!   :notworthy:

As response rate is now slowing to a trickle, I propose to keep the census open till late afternoon today and hopefully start posting results this evening.  Thread title to be amended accordingly.

Survey Monkey allows you do extract an Excel file so I should be able to run pivot tables to pick up trends across multiple questions and present results in an interesting way.  I have done enough of this as part of my job to be fairly comfortable in doing this, but if there are any actuaries or statisticians out there who would like to assist, drop me a PM.  

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles