Confirmed Super Numpty
Wammer
Nov 4, 2012
Boston, Lincs
AKA
Allen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just home from the Show weekend away , Made a nice change to not be exhibiting and being able to have a walk around all rooms at a leisurely pace
Some room visited 2 or 3 times , Well done everyone inc the Show team , Can't wait till April 2023 for the next show , Thanks for your commitment :cool:

karlsushi

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 1, 2022
Melton Mowbray, East Midlands
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My first ever Wam Show today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great to see so many incredible systems put together through passion, skill, blood, sweat and tears.

Too many great systems to mention, but particular highlights were:

- @Jessica_k's humble PMC GB1's sounding beyond impressive on the end of her incredible valve amps

- @Ady making the most of his tiny room with his Klipsch Cornwall IV's that should have sounded completely out of place, but actually produced a stunning rendition of Eva Cassidy while I was there

- @steve 57's incredible DIY semi-open baffles. One of the most lifelike representations of Joe Morello's fabulous drumming with the Brubeck Quartet I've ever heard. Ridiculously good speakers.

- @bandit pilot's superb avant garde uno's on the end of a superb Garrard TT and some glowing 300B's (I think!?)

- A stunning rendition of Nils Frahm's Sunson through @rabski's glowing valves, Living Voices and more power supply units than you could shake a watt at

...and plenty more besides.

Great work everyone...

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
How good was that? Very, very good indeed.

Biggest plus point was, as always, the craic. That, plus the opportunity to get together again for the first time in far, far too long and catch up with new and old faces. Work tomorrow, so I had to p off early and miss the curry tonight, which I am not happy about. It also meant having to break down the system again and a heap of carrying, for which (respectively, on the way in and way out) enormous thanks to Henry and Alfie, plus numerous others. Also thanks to Jack for the trolley borrow, as my Amazon special barrow took one look at the 845 amp and fell to bits on the spot. I didn't want stuff lying about, so I've gone mad and actually put the whole thing back together again here. That's going to hurt tomorrow.

As it was to some extent a 'get to know you' thing with the hotel, there were the inevitable small issues. A few of the rooms were less than ideal in terms of size and shape, but compared with the old Scalford days, it wasn't terrible. The hotel management were probably not willing to take risks in stocking and staffing ahead of an 'unknown quantity', and inevitably some liquid supplies ran out rather rapidly. They will know for next time!

The other inevitable thing as an exhibitor is simply being unable to get round to see/hear all the rooms and systems. It's painful reading some other threads and looking at the pictures, as it's a reminder of what didn't get seen.

I'll add a few 'room favourites' later, but genuinely everything I heard would have done justice to any commercial show. There simply wasn't anything that didn't sound seriously good this year.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great show as has been said some issues but that's is to be expected . The hotel staff were lovely and despite the room and gloom warnings liked the venue . Sunday night curry was great . Loved meeting friends old and new .

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks to EVERYONE, what an effort guys & gals!

A week ago I was comfortable and confident for a good show and hoping for a great show!
Then a bit of a rooms issue (cough) and 2 days of hell but with wammers doing what wammers do, i.e. be flexible and help fix the problem I only had to let down one wammer for a sleep room, and he was very decent about it.
Due to illness 2 exhibitors dropped out and 2 came off the bench stepped up very late on, we are very grateful to them,

I only have some feedback forms (the box went AWOL) so if your one is missing expect a PM from me this week.

We had a debrief with hotel management before Robin (my wingman) and I left, they want us back, whole hotel next time. Ash (general manager) knows there is stuff to fix, running out beer (they were warned repeatedly !!) obviously cost him so the big bar WILL be open next show :)

Food was an issue, we briefly discussed this. Once Danny and Caroline are back we will meet the hotel and set a date and review feedback in detail. START YOUR PLANS NOW!

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT here's to 2023

kind regards,
Paul

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
EVERYONE should be saying thank you to you Paul you are a organisation monster mate what a superb job you have all done.😝🤪👌🏻
yep, the wife calls me a monster at times, not in a good way either! :ROFLMAO:

I was a team effort but yep whilst I am not a Project Manager by profession, I have done complex stuff global delivery in business, you may guess this by now!

The biggest effort was finding a venue, that I believe we can all agree is sorted, so fine tuning is needed.

I stuck around through the bad times because I love the show and you generous warm people.
So thanks for the many 'thanks', pats on the back, kind words and free drinks (mostly this), I'm going now before I get all teary . . . .

kind regards,
Paul

PS still not sure why there were 6 empty bottles of wine in my room this morning at dawn, bloody forum staff I think?

Cambs12

Apr 11, 2010
Cambridgeshire
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@rabski @Cambs12 @robin @Bazzer @Roo Caroline and Rachel thank you for all your help . @Maverick absolute star and yes without you it probably would have never happened . My deepest thanks .
Take a breather now though mate you've deserved it and we'll discuss the next show tonight :ROFLMAO:
I think you deserve a holiday somewhere warm mate!

Brumjam

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2009
Birmingham
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
All the organisers did a fabulous job. All we exhibitors had to do was lug our gear to the rooms, drink the bar dry and eat too much cooked breakfast. It was a great day out and wonderful to see so many familiar faces after the COVID hiatus.

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great show, well organised and my personal thanks to all the helpers who assisted the transfer of kit from and to Jane’s van …..made life far easier.

Thanks to Lawrence & Eddie to who did a stint of room sitting ……leaving my beast setup is akin to your first night without your newborn in the room etc so great babysitter guys 😁😁

Looking fwd to April ….let’s get a date set ASAP

BarneysDad

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 9, 2021
Melton Mowbray
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
How good was that? Very, very good indeed.

Biggest plus point was, as always, the craic. That, plus the opportunity to get together again for the first time in far, far too long and catch up with new and old faces. Work tomorrow, so I had to p off early and miss the curry tonight, which I am not happy about. It also meant having to break down the system again and a heap of carrying, for which (respectively, on the way in and way out) enormous thanks to Henry and Alfie, plus numerous others. Also thanks to Jack for the trolley borrow, as my Amazon special barrow took one look at the 845 amp and fell to bits on the spot. I didn't want stuff lying about, so I've gone mad and actually put the whole thing back together again here. That's going to hurt tomorrow.

As it was to some extent a 'get to know you' thing with the hotel, there were the inevitable small issues. A few of the rooms were less than ideal in terms of size and shape, but compared with the old Scalford days, it wasn't terrible. The hotel management were probably not willing to take risks in stocking and staffing ahead of an 'unknown quantity', and inevitably some liquid supplies ran out rather rapidly. They will know for next time!

The other inevitable thing as an exhibitor is simply being unable to get round to see/hear all the rooms and systems. It's painful reading some other threads and looking at the pictures, as it's a reminder of what didn't get seen.

I'll add a few 'room favourites' later, but genuinely everything I heard would have done justice to any commercial show. There simply wasn't anything that didn't sound seriously good this year.

Sat Nav would've helped to find Richards room.
Went twice but couldn't get in.
The guys in there looked like they werent for moving anytime soon so the best I could manage was a distant wave, like 2 ships passing in the night.

• Haha
Reactions: rabski

karlsushi

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 1, 2022
Melton Mowbray, East Midlands
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks to EVERYONE, what an effort guys & gals!

A week ago I was comfortable and confident for a good show and hoping for a great show!
Then a bit of a rooms issue (cough) and 2 days of hell but with wammers doing what wammers do, i.e. be flexible and help fix the problem I only had to let down one wammer for a sleep room, and he was very decent about it.
Due to illness 2 exhibitors dropped out and 2 came off the bench stepped up very late on, we are very grateful to them,

I only have some feedback forms (the box went AWOL) so if your one is missing expect a PM from me this week.

We had a debrief with hotel management before Robin (my wingman) and I left, they want us back, whole hotel next time. Ash (general manager) knows there is stuff to fix, running out beer (they were warned repeatedly !!) obviously cost him so the big bar WILL be open next show :)

Food was an issue, we briefly discussed this. Once Danny and Caroline are back we will meet the hotel and set a date and review feedback in detail. START YOUR PLANS NOW!

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT here's to 2023

kind regards,
Paul

As a Wam Show newbie without any basis for comparison, I would just like to say I thought it was a fabulously-organised event, so I would just like to reiterate the gratitude to all involved for making it happen.

To add to the list of things for the hotel to improve for next year, a decent coffee machine would be a nice addition!!

My only other suggestion (and apologies if this has been a point of discussion previously) would be perhaps to offer Wam members (beyond just the exhibitors and staff) to put on a badge with their username. As a relatively new member who has only met a small handful of people in person, this would have been a really helpful way of getting to meet people.

And while I'm there, I keep remembering more systems that really deserve a mention.

One in particular was the last minute stand-in with those beautiful horn-loaded beryllium tweeters (James I think it was - apologies if not). Stunning looks and a superb natural vibrancy to the strings on the Beethoven Quartet being played while I was there.

And I can't believe I didn't mention Max and his Sony quadrophonic extravaganza. A fabulous sounding system (using minidiscs as a source of all things), enhanced massively by a level of passion and enthusiasm that was off the charts. Watching Max gleefully loading up the minidisc player with Isaac Hayes' Shaft on full tilt was one of the moments of the show. Wonderful stuff.

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great show, well organised and my personal thanks to all the helpers who assisted the transfer of kit from and to Jane’s van …..made life far easier.

Thanks to Lawrence & Eddie to who did a stint of room sitting ……leaving my beast setup is akin to your first night without your newborn in the room etc so great babysitter guys 😁😁

Looking fwd to April ….let’s get a date set ASAP
No worries Keith I could just pretend it was my system for a while and made me feel all warm inside 🤣

My only request for next year is that you get a DVD player so I don't think I've destroyed your Lector 4 box CDP when I try and play the wrong disc 😂

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No worries Keith I could just pretend it was my system for a while and made me feel all warm inside 🤣

My only request for next year is that you get a DVD player so I don't think I've destroyed your Lector 4 box CDP when I try and play the wrong disc 😂
Ive done that error too …..so your now a member of an exclusive club 😁😁
I hope the warm feeling wasn’t the bass frequencies interfering with some of your bodily functions 😱😱

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The biggest problem of the show this year is exactly the same for me as the problem with previous shows.

I've been back here for less than 24 hours, been working flat out, but somehow I've bought a cartridge, four LPs and a pile of components :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles