Wanted: Power amplifier

• NEW! Linn Owners Club CLICK HERE and please click join club to have full access.

minimido

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2011
London
AKA
Frank
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi everyone, 

I'm on the lookout for a power amp of reasonable quality.

To give some idea of quality and price range I'm hoping for something that lies somewhere between, say a Quad 909 and a Benchmark AHB2.

Must be solid state and preferably class A or A/B. 

Having heard a decent chip amp recently I might also consider something along these lines.

If you have anything lying around that needs a new home please get in touch. 

Thank you.  

Jazid

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2009
London
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It will help to suggest minimum power output I'd think? 100W into 8 ohms as a class A amp is a very niche amp,  albeit very nice and somewhat large and warm. Parasound products might be a good choice for an a/b amp?

pauljdh

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 23, 2016
Belper
AKA
Paul Hagen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a lovely Naim NAP 250-2, serviced about two months ago if that would be of interest? Its boxed etc.

callen24returns

Wammer
Oct 11, 2021
Leicester
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I wasn’t going to change, but the Modwright 200 offered elsewhere has got me considering selling my Nord One Up , it has the Rev c op amps by sonic imagery. It is class D though

The Bish

The Bish
Wammer
Jul 3, 2020
Sutton Coldfield
AKA
Nathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve got a recent CA Edge W which I would let go for around the top end of your budget - class A/B with high A bias and measures very well with stellar industrial design. Drop me a PM if you’re interested.

Reactions: minimido

minimido

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2011
London
AKA
Frank
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve got a recent CA Edge W which I would let go for around the top end of your budget - class A/B with high A bias and measures very well with stellar industrial design. Drop me a PM if you’re interested.
This looks interesting, will have a think about it.