HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
OK thanks, that makes sense. So, what is the source of the RF interference, and how does the cable mitigate that? Is the noise coming back up the interconnect from the preamp input?
The WAVE SPDIF (RCA or BNC) cables go between your digital source and the DAC. The ferrites on the Wave cables filter the RF noise but allow the full strength digital signal carrying the music to pass through without being altered.

The RF noise can be environmental RF noise from Routers or DECT phones or mobile phones or often the RF noise is produced within one of the hifi devices themselves by a high frequency chip.

The effect is normally that the music is less harsh or brittle sounding but also has more audible real detail because it is not being masked by the noise artifacts. Bass also seems deeper and more detailed for the same reason.

Check out comments from users on the Wave FaceBook page.

https://www.facebook.com/wavehighfidelity

Last edited by a moderator:

Blzebub

Thundering bigot
Wammer
Dec 22, 2015
Stamford, Lincs
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
OK, thank you very much for the explanation.

Cross-purposes, as I thought this was a cable from DAC to preamp! Sorry about that.

Reactions: Fourlegs

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Max continues his evaluation and comparison of the WAVE dual BNC cables in his follow up email.

"Hi Nick,

I find with cables if you don’t notice a sizeable and instant improvement in the system straight away they tend to go back.

A/B testing against the STRATOS against the stock cables is no contest. Smoother yet more detailed. Blacker background. Lovely stuff.

STRATOS vs the STREAM was quite interesting. The streams were good but the STRATOS were noticeably  better. Smoother overall.

I wasn’t expecting that and I’m so glad you sent them.

I will do more listening tests tonight but right now I can’t see the STRATOS cables making their way back to you any time soon!

You have designed some wonderful cables Nick well done to you!

Many thanks, Max"

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
WAVE are pleased to announce that we are stocking the superb AudioWise SRC.DX usb to dual bnc convertor here in the UK. (SRC.DX details)

Many Chord DAC owners with Dave, TT2 etc are are raving about the enhanced sound quality by using the dual BNC inputs rather than the USB input on their DAC, especially with HQPlayer or the new staggering good PGGB off line upsampling software. (PGGB link)

We will be able to supply the SRC.DX for next day delivery in the UK avoiding delays and with all customs duties and VAT already paid.

The already great SRC.DX is of course considerably enhanced by with a pair of WAVE dual BNC cables and so we will be announcing special discounts if bought at the same time or for existing WAVE customers.

src.dx.jpg

DomT

It’s all about the music
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Nottingham
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hi Nic

I have and Benchmark DAC 2 HGC. Is it worth trying one of these as I had assumed that the Benchmark USB (and all inputs) was already well implemented. 

Thanks

Dom
Hi Dom,

In truth I have no idea whether it might be beneficial to try an SRC-DX to convert USB to spdif and use that to connect to your DAC 2 HGC.

Like you I would expect the USB input on your dac to be well implemented but then so is the USB input on the Dave and yet to many ears the BNC input on the Dave sounds better.

Perhaps you should have a try?

Nick

andrew s

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 10, 2014
Cheshire
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a Benchmark  DAC 2 L. I have used its USB inputs direct from a Microsoft  Pro as Roon server, then via the Stack Audio Linck II USB cleanser and finally using the Link II as a network bridge from an Intel NUC 7i as Roon server.

In all case they sounded the same to me i.e. I did not notice any difference at all.

Regards  Andrew 

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
WAVE STRATOS vs NORDOST VALHALLA 2 dual BNC?

A customer reports back.

"Hi Nick

I am glad to tell you that I have received your Stratos cables today in Hong Kong.

I was using a pair of Valhalla 2 BNC before and I must say that their sound signature are very different to WAVE. I can tell the difference right away without any burn in. The good thing for WAVE cables is that the image is much sharper and sound of vocal is more realistic. Valhalla 2 may have a bit wider sound stage but I still prefer your cables for my system (my speakers are ATC SCM50 actives)

Thanks again for your excellent customer services and quality products!

William, HK"

Stratos for web site.jpg

Reactions: TheFlash

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The buyer of the grey spdif STORM cable in the previous post has just emailed . . .

"Thanks for the swift delivery of the cable, which arrived on Friday. Loved the multiple layers of protection and also the leather case.

Pretty sure I said this last time I bought your cables, but you must be a Wizard, 'cause your cables are pure magic!! :)

I replaced my Nordost Valhalla 2 between my endpoint and the Hugo MScaler and even without any burn-in the differences were immediately obvious and not at all subtle. A *huge* step forward for my digital system. Thank you so much!

Now it's time to settle in for another glorious afternoon of Wave delivered music.

All the best,

Mark"

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I had a visit today from a fellow wammer who brought his own dual BNC digital cables for comparison as well as his own Dave / Mscaler combination.

Which cables were judged to be better by Mark? 

Well lets just say that @audiobuff is now the proud owner of a new pair of WAVE STORM Reference dual BNC cables.

It did not break the record for the shortest time for making a decision after the WAVE cables were swopped in but I think it was maybe somewhere between one and two minutes. :D

STORM and HFC.jpg

audiobuff

Wammer
Apr 15, 2021
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had a visit today from a fellow wammer who brought his own dual BNC digital cables for comparison as well as his own Dave / Mscaler combination.

Which cables were judged to be better by Mark? 

Well lets just say that @audiobuff is now the proud owner of a new pair of WAVE STORM Reference dual BNC cables.

It did not break the record for the shortest time for making a decision after the WAVE cables were swopped in but I think it was maybe somewhere between one and two minutes. :D

View attachment 93026
Yep very pleased with them, all round improvement, clarity, stereo image etc, makes the HFC Reveals seem a bit muddy in comparison.  An easy decision to make, the Waves were clearly better.  Thx for the hospitality Nick!

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
We have a new batch of the AudioWise SRC-SC usb to bnc convertors coming from the manufacturer but they are selling before they have arrived and so we only have 9 of this batch left available.

First come - first served!

2CA75AA6-DC42-4616-8F72-CE27C540228A.jpeg

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
"Just wanted to drop a note to convey my amazing experience with your WAVE STORM dual bnc cables; they’re everything that’s been described by yourself and others; really amazing! And just as predicted, I can crank up my ATC SCM 40As to crazy realistic levels with no hint of glare or distortion from my TT2/MScaler front end. Well done, Cheers!"

Best regards, Evan (USA)

Thanks Evan, I never get tired of getting emails like yours which was waiting in my inbox this morning.

STORM Reference 3_1500.jpg

Reactions: Nopiano

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
"Well, I’m sitting here listening to one of my Favourite albums (The Stones Black and Blue) like I've never heard it. Everything is just so alive and wonderful!

5 Stars Nick, from your exquisite leather case, to the sheer size of the cables, to the quality of manufacture and to the sound of the WAVE STORM cables. Just superb!

I'm so impressed!"

Craig, 5 Oct 2021, Australia

WAVE STRATOS STREAM STORM grey.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TheFlash

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Some nice WAVE Storm dual BNC cables feedback today from USA.

”Hell of a product man. I’ve moved into a different realm of hearing music.

Two words come to mind:
Immediacy - I’m right there in the studio as recording is occurring - every nuance and idiosyncrasy is evident, palpable, real and live; I can reach out and touch the musicians as they perform.
Delicious - all my music is sweet, powerful, and digestible making for the most personal experience I’ve ever had as listener.

Bravo man!”

Michael, USA

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
And more on the WAVE Storm dual BNC cables from the Isle of Wight . . .

”Hi Nick - all I can say is you were right re the impact of the cables. My updated system:

2GO/2YU => Vertere Redline USB => MScaler => Storm Reference =>
Dave => Meze Elite (Forza Audio Noir cable)

is completely & utterly transformed. I’m listening to Us & Them on DSOTM using Roon and it’s about the first time it’s sounded normal… I’ve got so much music to catch up on now.”

Peter, IOW.