HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Posted on another forum today by a customer. 

Six months ago I wrote that Wave cables are too expensive and I would feel robbed to pay that much for a pair. Well.. now I have to admit that I was wrong. I`ve listened to my setup with new pair of Wave STORM Reference all night long and could not stop. Sounds incredibly good, even comparing to my DIY ferrited cables which were noticeably better than stock pair. Everything sounds more real now. My overall impressions - expensive, but worth it.

Thank you, Nick. I'm glad that I finally decided to try these cables. I was not expecting that much of improvement.“

I think he likes them!

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
An email received today from a customer who had the WAVE Stream and Storms on home demo so he could compare both in his system. It is rather long but I have included the full unedited email.

"Well, where to begin! I connected the stream cables between my Chord MScaler and Hugo TT2 replacing the packaged cables supplied by Chord.

Whilst waiting for your cables to arrive, you kind of get tuned into the system you have and aware of its limitations. So from the moment I turned it all back on with the Streams in place, the difference was both immediate and frankly, incredible. They brought my whole system alive, I was able to increase volume without fear of straining or choking the sound and the Bass leapt out in front of the speakers.

Suffice it to say, I spent the whole day immersed and rediscovering my music collection, however, as day turned to evening, there was a slight nag about how constant that forward Bass was, and was this the sound I wanted to live with, so with some hesitation ( I really wanted to leave them in for a couple of days), I decided to swap them out for the Storm Reference cables, again the difference was immediate, but not in a good way! All the forward Bass had gone, and the system was sounding, clear and clean to the point of sterility. I carried on listening for a couple of hours, unsure of what I was hearing! At which point I decided my ears were suffering the equivalent of snow blindness, so shut it all down and decided to start again in the morning with a clear head!

It would appear that overnight, someone must have climbed into my system and tweaked everything! No sooner had I turned everything on, from the first piece of music, everything came into focus, the Bass is tight, mid range clean as a whistle and the top just sings, everything is balanced and sounds amazing, no matter what type of music or volume level I’ve used, these cables are the catalyst that hold it all together.

Thank you Nick, your cables are every bit as good as you claim. I am most definitely keeping my WAVE Storm Reference cables, they complete the system and give me the sound I’ve been searching for."

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Wow, another great email today from a happy customer.

"First may I thank you for the opportunity of comparing the two cables, it’s been a most enjoyable few days… and especially I am going to enjoy my upgraded system for years to come.

I started by connecting the Streams and compared to the stock cables the difference was really “day and night”. The amount of additional detail was incredible, everything was so smooth. I really enjoyed the music for a number of hours. But my curiosity kept nagging me to try the Storm cables.

Once connected again there was a new leap forward, and now I was really listening to the music. Everything was clear and clean. There was depth and the sound stage extended outside the speakers like never before. I have striving to reach this in my own system and now thanks to the Storm cable I am there.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Again, thanks for the great customer service and especially for a great product."

Reactions: Nopiano

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Another customer email comparing the WAVE Storm cables to Nordost Valhalla 2 BNC cables.

""The WAVE STORM dual BNC cables arrived yesterday - many thanks! I wanted to try them out after reading so much about them on the HeadFi Chord threads (I use MScaler->DAVE) versus my Nordost Valhalla 2 cables. Have to say I'm delighted by the results. Your cables demolish the Valhallas - the presence and dimensionality the Wave Storms deliver in comparison is incredible.

I've been (I am!) struggling to level up my digital front end to the same level of delivery that I get from my vinyl front end but thanks to your cables I've just taken a huge step forward."

Reactions: hifinutt

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
"There is a step by step improvement from Stone to Stream to Storm. I think you have hit the sweet spot with the approach you have taken. No other cable produces a similar SQ improvement. With your cables I can now hear the full extent of the Mscaler's capabilities. The music has dimension as well as resolution, passages with massed instruments no longer break up but remain coherent and clear, and the hard edges on high notes have disappeared".

Comments received yesterday from a UK customer who bought the WAVE Storm cables after a two week home trial of the Stone, Stream and Storm dual BNC cables.

Reactions: Nopiano

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Email today from a customer in Australia who was having interference issues with his security system as well as sound quality deficits . .

"Parcel arrived in perfect condition thank you. Excellent build quality on cables. 

Spent about 1.5 hours listening so far. Certainly stopped the security system RF interference in Dual mode on High 705Hz - Yeah. 

Tone of the cables is interesting being capable of going deep with a friendly midrange. It’s allowed me to change power cables so running the super transparent Nordost Valhalla 2 again, so this really opens up your cables performance. 

Before the Blu2 I spent 2 years with the PSAudio Directstream transport (Oppo based with trick circuits) and I’m finding the Phillips Pro2 is better overall as it’s more extended overall and quicker. On certain CDs that are overextended the Phillips is brighter than the PSAudio, hence a highly transparent cable wasn’t the best choice.

As your cables are tuned lower so to speak, this enables freedom in other areas. That’s a big positive for me. 

Looking forward to discovering more and enjoying dual mode hi res."

Last edited by a moderator:

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
WAVE cables are now stocked by RAPALLO in New Zealand. Having bought some demo WAVE cables they emailed back saying, "Received the cables and we're speechless, wow wow wow what a difference, absolutely incredible, Thank you!". They have now ordered several sets of Dual BNC digital cables for customers.

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
An increasing number of people are using a single WAVE cable between their source and the DAC and so we also now offer an Oyaide SLSC RCA plug as well as Oyaide SLSB BNC connectors.

A customer has sent in his mini review with using a single WAVE STREAM cable to connect a Lumin U1 Mini compared to using USB.

"I spent some time over the weekend with your Stream cable running from my Lumin U1 Mini to Mscaler, which already connects to my Chord dac via dual Stream cables. I kept my USB cable from the Lumin to Mscaler in the system, so that I could easy A/B between it and the Stream (note it’s the best of a number of USB cables I’ve tried in my system over the years, and costs roughly the same as the Steam). I should also mention that I have linear power supplies on all source components (don’t tell Chord!), which are connected to a power conditioner, so noise should be well taken care of. I mention this only because I wasn’t expecting the use of the Stream to make a noticeable improvement upstream of the Mscaler.

I was wrong.

It was noticeable improvement, not as large as when I installed the dual Streams from the Mscaler to dac, but noticeable. Darker, smoother, better. Put it this way, my wife was listening with me when I was switching back and forth on the Mscaler remote, and she could tell the difference on most of the tracks I was using to test. She’s not into audio, but in her words ‘if I can hear it, then the difference must be quite big’.

I can only conclude that my Lumin creates some RF noise, and the Mscaler benefits from having it removed from its input. Either that or the Lumin/Mscaler prefers BNC to USB, but based on my experience of the sonic improvement the original dual Streams made, I think it’s your cable.

Well done!

James, Singapore"

View attachment 63127

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Another happy WAVE Stream dual bnc digital cable owner. This time in Italy.

I am impressed with your Wave Stream cables. I really like them.

I have some great Joan Baez tracks... great music... which prior to now, have been rather hard to listen to because her voice is hard and sharp sounding... due to poor recording technique. The cables seem to have rendered her voice a lot smoother so that it is actually enjoyable.

I don't think that I am just imagining this because before I had to keep the volume fairly low to listen. Now the volume can be way up and everything is clear as a bell and her voice is pleasant.

Bright recordings in general are now easier to listen to and voices sound more natural and there is more overall clarity.

On YoYo Ma's album, Appalachian Journey, there is a duet for cello. and bass. Prior to this I have found it difficult to distinguish the relative positions of the two instruments. Now, I am finding it very easy to place them.

These are only a few of the improvements that I have noted.

Thank you for selling me these cables. I truly appreciate it.

Cheers,
Peter, Italy.”

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Feedback received this morning on the WAVE Storm cables from a customer in Japan.

"A few days ago, I received the WAVE Storm reference dual BNC cables. Thank you for sending them in a nice wooden box, even though they were sent to a destination outside the EU.

When I switched the BNC cables from the stock ones to yours, I could hear the difference right away. At first I felt that the sound pressure in the low frequencies was increased. As I continued to listen, I could hear the kick of the bass drum with more intensity and the electric bass more clearly in pitch and note down to the lowest. The sound image also became clearer and I could hear the details better, but without being too analytical. The overall sound is more organic and refined.

I found the galvanic isolation of the Hugo M Scaler to be very effective, as inserting the Hugo M Scaler between the source device and the DAVE improved the sound quality even with upscaling turned off, so I was amazed at how easily your cables improved the sound quality further.

Good job!"

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Very solid support and recommendation for WAVE cables today from Rob Watts in his 'Watts Up..?' thread on Head-Fi.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/watts-up.800264/page-128#post-15800515

"And I certainly do not say you have to use Wave cables or indeed have to use ferrites - this is the surface finish on the icing of the cake after all. I post what is technically accurate, and my subjective observations are based upon honest, serious and careful listening tests. This approach has upset people within the industry; but I will only post what I see as being accurate at that moment in time (as my knowledge is (hopefully!) expanding). So I recommend Wave cables, as they work subjectively, and there is solid technical reasons why they work. I have in the past said that audiophile USB cables either sound the same as certified type 2 cables, or they degrade sound quality by adding more RF noise - they are designed unwittingly as RF noise generators. So too with audiophile BNC cables - the exception being Wave.

To conclude: Wave cables work technically and subjectively."

Rob Watts, 13th August 2020

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Strong support posted today from a WAVE STORM Reference dual BNC cables owner in USA!

"As a newbie owner of the Blu2/Dave/Wave combo, as much as I am impressed by their sound in DAC mode on my Audio Research Reference system with Quad 2905 electrostatics, particularly and only when used with the Wave Storm Reference BNC cables — which improves the sound of this combo by such a ridiculous amount that Chord should simply not sell this combo unless they license the use of this cable as mandatory with their products."

"With the Wave Storm Reference cables, and when the combo chooses to behave itself, the sound in DAC mode is absolutely world class. I should know since I’ve heard so many first class digital systems. The Blu2/Dave/Wave combo in DAC mode trumps everything else I’ve heard."

I think he likes them!

Reactions: Lee M and Nopiano

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Have a look at the review of WAVE digital cables written by our own @Mr Underhill.  I think he likes them.

On the WAVE STORM spdif cable . . . .

"I slotted in the substantial hose of a WAVE Storm Reference spdif, replacing my usual Nimak Pulsar Mk2 5N silver ribbon cable. The only cable that I have heard that has outperformed this in my system is the Audio Note Black Pallas ribbon cable, one that is considerably more costly than the Storm.

Well, the first question is: Is this different? Then, is it better?

I hate to say it, but the Wave was immediately and obviously different AND better. I played ‘You Want it Darker’ and was held by Cohen’s voice, it had never sounded as real, and neither had the backing choir."

"This is now my base main system configuration."

On the WAVE STORM dual BNC cables for the Mscaler . .

"To date I had been adding components and uncovering more in my music, was there yet more to be released?

The simple answer was yes. Fitting the weighty Storm Reference BNC cables adds to the excellent WAVE spdif, which I found hard to believe possible. Bearing in mind the upward trajectory of what I had been hearing through the course of this journey this bought a smile to my face. The cables extended the musical reality of my system by filling the soundstage with a well balanced, detailed and realistic performance."

"Finally, WAVE cables are far from cheap, however, I simply didn’t want to surrender the tonality & insight I had gained and so I have bought the spdif cable".

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
HiFi Trade
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I love getting emails from customers,

"Dear Nick,

I hope this finds you well. I have had sufficient time to evaluate the Storm Reference dual BNC cables I purchased from you and received on Thursday last week.

In a nutshell, my feedback is that your cables are transformational (and I do NOT use this word lightly). They have transformed the audio quality in my system from "very good" to "world class" in all aspects of the audio.

Most notably, I am hearing some details in my favorite songs that I never heard before, that were previously hidden, even though I have had the Chord TT2 and M-Scaler in my system for 9 months now. Mind you, I have what many audiophiles would consider a very good system- aside from the TT2 and M-Scaler, I have an Innuos Zen MK3 streamer, Anthem AVM60 pre amp, Anthem STR stereo amp and some excellent interconnects, USB cable, speaker cables, power cables, power conditioner, and also top notch internet switch and ethernet cables, all feeding a pair of Paradigm Persona 7F speakers.

It is very clear to me, however, based on what I have been hearing for the past few days, that the link between the M-Scaler and the TT2 was the one remaining weak point in my system- the difference that your cables are making is undeniable, unmistakable and immediately palpable- imaging is tighter, vocals are more airy, soundstage and instrument separation are significantly better, and like your other customers have reported, I am indeed able to increase the volume and still enjoy the music nonetheless- including some poorly recorded CDs and Qobuz redbook streams which I am now enjoying more- a tell-tale sign of harshness that has been eliminated... I can thus only agree with your other customers who have encouraged Chord Electronics to include a mention of your Storm cables as a highly recommended accessory for M-Scaler and Qutest/TT2/Dave owners. Your cables are that good when it comes to connecting the M-Scaler to Chord DACs.

Ultimately, I would say your cables have "completed" my system by adding that elusive wow! factor to my system, almost like a sixth sense that I cannot quite describe in layperson's terms- everything just comes together perfectly- the sound emanating from my system over the past few days is not just on par with my hopes and expectations ever since I got into this hobby some 5 years ago, but actually exceeds those hopes and expectations. This is the highest compliment I could ever give to your (or anyone's) digital cables- so thank you Nick and keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Peter, New York, 23 Sept 2020."

Reactions: Maestoso