kttoy9s0mvyhb_600.jpg

Mike_H

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Nov 24, 2022
Bedfordshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It is "OK" but I suspect I'd like the vinyl a lot more. I know what you mean though, I once A/Bd Traffic On The Road between vinyl and CD and found the latter unlistenable.
Similar to what I have found. Typically if the original master was analogue then the CD sound can be disappointing

audio_PHIL_e

audioPHILe
Wammer
Jul 21, 2020
The wrong planet
soundcloud.com
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Similar to what I have found. Typically if the original master was analogue then the CD sound can be disappointing
IMO that's true for a lot of CDs made in the "early" days of CD. Not necessarily true for all CDs made from Analogue sources, eg the Beatles Love ... I think the people that make CDs have learned a bit.

Mike_H

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Nov 24, 2022
Bedfordshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
IMO that's true for a lot of CDs made in the "early" days of CD. Not necessarily true for all CDs made from Analogue sources, eg the Beatles Love ... I think the people that make CDs have learned a bit.
Generally agree although I think vinyl still does it. Similar to early CDs, when record co's were pushing "the rebirth of vinyl" they rushed out some seriously bad pressings old and new

hylander

(Fairly) Standard Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jan 23, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Indie afternoon - Wet Leg, NewDad, Wolf Alice followed by…
ODAtOTIyOS5qcGVn.jpeg

Hazel English - Just Give In / Never Going Home

Reactions: lazycat and MVJ

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Generally agree although I think vinyl still does it. Similar to early CDs, when record co's were pushing "the rebirth of vinyl" they rushed out some seriously bad pressings old and new
Generally I find that most CDs can sound ok on my hifi, possibly because of good fidelity but when listening to tapes in my car, recordings from records sound very dynamic with great instrument separation whereas recordings from CDs sound flat. They sound clear but everything is on a similar level.

Reactions: MVJ and Mike_H

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You're lucky you still have such a device. In the last few vehicles I've owned the tape player has been broken, or the CD machine stops each time you go over a bump. The wagon I now have has neither so if you want sounds on it has to be the radio :(
I connect a panasonic walkman to the aux/line in port in the centre console using a short cable with stereo 3.5mm plugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.