What to buy

G

Will be looking to purchase some new tunes this weekend . Don't know what yet. Seeing as i have pretty eclectic taste i'm open to all recommendations from the tent, So anything you bought recently and thought was brill or and older recording that i should have

:dude:

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
Have you tried any Dire Staights? Could be right up your every street
wink.png

or...

Felix Laband - Dark Days Exit

Holly Go Lightly

Air - Pocket Symphony

Guillemots - Through the windowpane

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not sure if it's your thing - big favourite of mine and surprisingly well recorded, American hardcore but without the shouting, acoustic and percussion, my album of the year at the moment

The Evens - Get Evens

Also having wanted it for ages and not got round to it bought this recently

Kruder and Dorfmeister - The K&D Sessions

Really well recorded and great chill out music, can't stop playing it at the moment.

Testure

Clean gloves hide dirty hands
Wammer Plus
Jul 21, 2005
West London/ Watford
AKA
Testy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hawk wrote:

Have you tried any Dire Staights? Could be right up your every street
wink.png
or...

Felix Laband - Dark Days Exit

Holly Go Lightly

Air - Pocket Symphony

No brainer:cool:

How about some Yello?

I suppose I couldn't tempt you with some Skinny Puppy - Mythmaker:D

Chewie

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
The Fens
AKA
Carl
Hawk wrote:

Second the Guillemots recommendation :^I bought it the day of it release and its been played every three or four days ever since.

I seem to recall you quite liked Thirteen Senses Duvet, their new album comes out Monday but you might find it already out on display if you got to the right shop.

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
The Gossip ; Standing in the way of control.

Trentemoller ; The last resort.

or the fact that www.hmv.co.uk have a sale on , cd's from £3.99 , may tempt you to some older stuff.
smile.png

oh ! and Cooper Temple Clause have a new album out , I only know this coz I seen them live in Glasgow last sunday.
party4.gif.af93715a971cd102256f35cade2c9c1e.gif

chezi

B

Bry-Fi

The Black Keys - any

The Deaths - Choir Invisible

Jorane - You and the Now

G

Duvet wrote:

Will be looking to purchase some new tunes this weekend . Don't know what yet. Seeing as i have pretty eclectic taste i'm open to all recommendations from the tent, So anything you bought recently and thought was brill or and older recording that i should have:dude:
AccLiveLg.jpg

If you can find this in a shop you will be very lucky but there is also a relatively new DVD featuring a similar performance on release now and stocked by most major record retailers.

This is a fabulouspiece of work featuring some of the most dazzling acoustic playingyou will hear - and it's alsoone of the bestaudio quality experiences you can have on the silver disc. I've rarely heard better. I got a burned copy of this from Crustyloafer some montths ago but managed to buy the original album when Lofgren played a superb show in my area a while back.

B

Bry-Fi

Sumdumgi wrote:

Duvet wrote:
Will be looking to purchase some new tunes this weekend . Don't know what yet. Seeing as i have pretty eclectic taste i'm open to all recommendations from the tent, So anything you bought recently and thought was brill or and older recording that i should have:dude:
AccLiveLg.jpg

If you can find this in a shop you will be very lucky but there is also a relatively new DVD featuring a similar performance on release now and stocked by most major record retailers.

This is a fabulouspiece of work featuring some of the most dazzling acoustic playingyou will hear - and it's alsoone of the bestaudio quality experiences you can have on the silver disc. I've rarely heard better. I got a burned copy of this from Crustyloafer some montths ago but managed to buy the original album when Lofgren played a superb show in my area a while back.
Just picked this up myself a few weeks back.Great performance and absolutelytop notch recording
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

If you can't find it let me know
wink.png

Sheva

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 4, 2006
Chiavenna
AKA
Sheva
Unless i'm mistaken, you like the early 80s electro scene (Soft Cell, Flock of Seagulls etc, and especially New Gold Dream). I therefore suggest a bit of light industrial material which is probably nothing like you'd anticipate from the genre:

Apoptygma Berzerks' last album 'You and Me Against the World' is one of the best and catchiest electropop/rock albums i've ever heard.

Also it's unlikely that Project Pitchfork - Daimonion would be too offensive for you.

lower bullens

NSNO Wammer
Wammer
Jan 20, 2007
Wirral
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Duvet, if you like Ryan Adams try a bit more "americana"-willard grant conspiracy,great lakes swimmers,richmond fontaine,uncle tupelo,wilko,sun kil moon or my faves the ashtray hearts.

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I only buy stuff I'vechosen myself. Recommendations, unless from people whom you share lots in common on the musical front, usually aren't worth shit. Taste varies far too much. Take Jeff Buckley for instance....
biggrin.png

71_71.gif.3e6d891ee0cc25b2acfe143a79a91cc1.gif

B

Bry-Fi

Injector wrote:

I only buy stuff I'vechosen myself. Recommendations, unless from people whom you share lots in common on the musical front, usually aren't worth shit. Taste varies far too much. Take Jeff Buckley for instance....
biggrin.png
71_71.gif.3e6d891ee0cc25b2acfe143a79a91cc1.gif
Yes, but with so many sites offering song samplesit makes sifting so much easier.

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
ob1971 wrote:

5894352.JPG
The cure will always make you feel very happy afterward. + good recording too.
Unless you hate them. :lmao:

The Cure are a sombre band mate, I can count their 'happy' albums on one finger.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles